JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

JetPlatform (Gingerbread) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby Dopi » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi ,

it is more than a year since our last major testing release. Thus it is really time for an update. Thanks to the great work by KB_JetDroid and tom3q's 3.0 kernel for the Spica I am happy to present this first JetDroid Gingerbread release. The release is based on CyanogenMod 7 - it even includes some extras. As far as I could see, all basic functions of the previous releases are working. Sound, charging and phone and data access are still not supported.

You can download the package here: https://github.com/JetDroid/JetPlatform_binary/tarball/0.5pre1. A kernel is included. To install please remove all old files and extract to your ext2 partition root directory. You can also use the easy-install script as posted here: http://www.jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2243

Here is the list of features:
  • Display and tochscreen (including screen locking and standby)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • USB Mass storage and ADB access
  • SD-card access (2nd partition on the external SD-card)
  • Accelerometer (maybe compass)
  • RTC reading
  • Vibrator / Haptic feedback
  • Root access and SuperUser.apk

Please submit your feeback in this topic. If you have a fix for any of the above problems you may encounter, please post your solution here (what did you do and which files did you use?).

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby KB_JetDroid » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:32 am

Hi All,

Just to add, Bluetooth is also working in this release.
We are using tom3q's 2D, 3D and graphics drivers. These drivers are still under development so the graphic performance has some limitations which can be noticed in games which need high end graphics.
Tom3q is working on these driver and has really great progress, so we can expect the improvements in future releases :)

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby saturnfreeway » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:09 am

Hey guys,

Thanks a LOT for this and for keeping JetDroid alive. Will test as soon as time permits.

Grtz
saturnfreeway

Postby Rayman5991 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi,

i tested this great platform and i'm very happy about it. Because it is the best Jetdroid i ever tested.
One of the highlight is the performance. It's very good programed because my jet is not very hot when I use the menu or settings. Only when I use Opera Mini for long time or use Quadrant it will hot.

Wifi works
Bluetooth works
USB Mass storage and ADB access
SD-card work
Accelerometer not tested
Vibrator works (i am not sure)
root access works not. you must install z4root and root your Jet
Quadrant ABOUT 550 Points (with my last Platform i had ca 270 Points)

Thank you Dopi and thank you tom3q for this graphic driver. I hope this project will one day perfect.

PS: I apologize for my bad english. Sry about it.
Rayman5991
Freshman

AW: JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby Dopi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Hi Rayman,

thanks for your feedback. However, don't forget to thank KB_JetDroid as he is the mastermind behind this release.

Thank you, KB! It is really working like a charm :grin:

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rayman5991 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 am

Rayman5991 wrote:Vibrator works (i am not sure)

Works in games and at the start of Android, but not when you turn it in loudless

PS:Thanky you KB_Jetdroid ^^
PS 2:Jetdroid have long access times or recharge time.
Rayman5991
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Rayman5991 wrote:PS 2:Jetdroid have long access times or recharge time.

Charging is not (yet) supported. You need to charge the phone while it is shut-down or in the Samsung OS.

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rayman5991 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm probably wrong words.

In german: Jetdroid hat lange Zugriffszeiten oder lange Lade Zeit (laden von Daten).
(Habe einen Kingston 4GB Class4 Mini-SDHC Karte)
Rayman5991
Freshman

Postby saturnfreeway » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Hey KB and Dopi -

Great work! This is so much nicer to work with than the previous release :D Very stable, easy access to the Play Store and so on.

Will be back here when I've done more testing.

Grtz
saturnfreeway

Postby Dopi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Rayman5991 wrote:I'm probably wrong words.

In german: Jetdroid hat lange Zugriffszeiten oder lange Lade Zeit (laden von Daten).
(Habe einen Kingston 4GB Class4 Mini-SDHC Karte)

Hi Rayman5991,

now I got you. You are right, loading times may depend on the speed of the card. However, the first start after installing is usually very much longer than subsequent starts. If that is still too slow for you we need to find a reason why ...

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Next

Return to JetPlatform (Gingerbread) Testing