JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

JetPlatform (Gingerbread) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby eneztr2005 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:31 am

hi all http://code.google.com/p/android-for-je ... z&can=2&q= this platform is nice
but dopi's very nice but wifi connection slowly but carlos's platforms good
Can we add another (carlos's wifi) to it?
and battery good Carlos's and not warming phone

my english not perfect i think ur understand me thats for sorry
eneztr2005
Freshman

Advertisement

Postby Fatal » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 am

Hi

Thanks for the release. I experienced a shutdown or the phone becomes totally unresponsive after leaving it for less than an hour. Anyone experience this as well?
Fatal
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:04 am

Fatal wrote:Thanks for the release. I experienced a shutdown or the phone becomes totally unresponsive after leaving it for less than an hour. Anyone experience this as well?

I sometimes had a problem with the touchscreen not responding after some time which made it impossible to shut the phone down. I don't remember having had it crash comepletely. If you contine to see this problem we should have a look at you logfiles.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby alirezak » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:38 pm

hi every body and thanks you all for you effort on this nice project. I have found this Project just for 2 days and quickly install jetdroid 0.2 release and it worked with some problems for example my camera didn't work also my sim card were unknown, too. today after some troubles in downloading the packages I finally install the 0.5 release by the automatic installation method which mentioned in first post. but the android never boots up. jetdroid boot up screen comes and start to loading the files after some messages, it write: "starting kernel ->" and then the screen goes black and a little vibration occur then nothing happen and the phone is became shutdown. I try it some times and nothing changed.
I do not install any other version of jetQi is the problem from there? I use the jetQi which is in step by step instruction. also I do not try to download packages and do it manually is it possible that problem is from automatic installation for example it doesn't download and extract kernel packages?
my frameware version is : S8003JPIH1

I apologize for my bad English.
Thanks all.
Alireza
alirezak
Freshman

Postby Gigabyteman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:51 pm

It so good to see that this project is still alive! I recently bought a Jet and want to use it as a display attached to a HTPC running VDR on Linux. Content is be displayed using a VNC Client and works OK (a bit slow) on WLAN, but goal is to use TCP forwarding via USB and ADB.

Unfortunately ADB is not working here. On Windows 7 x64, adb does not detect any devices. The Windows Device Manager shows a "GT-8000" with device USB ID 18d1:4e21. USB mass storage is working fine!

My Linux box shows a nameless device when typing "lsusb", but adb tells me that it has no permissions (even when run as root):
Code: Select all
thomas@omvos-dev-vm:~/jetdroid/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0e0f:0002 VMware, Inc. Virtual USB Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 18d1:4e21
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:4060 Standard Microsystems Corp.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

thomas@omvos-dev-vm:~/jetdroid/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ sudo ./adb devices
List of devices attached
????????????    no permissions

thomas@omvos-dev-vm:~/jetdroid/android-sdk-linux/platform-tools$ sudo ./adb shell
error: insufficient permissions for device

dmesg shows:
[...]
[  955.880328] usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
[  956.025676] usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[  956.044924] scsi7 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices
[  956.053531] usb-storage: device found at 6
[  956.053535] usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before scanning
[  961.873746] usb-storage: device scan complete
[  961.879759] scsi 7:0:0:0: Direct-Access     Android  UMS Composite    0001 PQ: 0 ANSI: 2
[  961.883324] sd 7:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg6 type 0
[  961.919302] sd 7:0:0:0: [sdf] Attached SCSI removable disk

Do I have to consider something else to get adb working?

Thanks for help!
Gigabyteman
Freshman

Postby Bonsitm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi all.

I'm sorry to say that with all the things that have been going on in my life I had completely forgotten this project! I'll also say that it is great to see that progress is sill being made! Well done guys! Unfortunately I do not own my Jet any longer, as I have passed it on to a friend, so maybe I will recommend this release to him?

Keep going!
Chris
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:08 pm

alirezak wrote:hi every body and thanks you all for you effort on this nice project. I have found this Project just for 2 days and quickly install jetdroid 0.2 release and it worked with some problems for example my camera didn't work also my sim card were unknown, too. today after some troubles in downloading the packages I finally install the 0.5 release by the automatic installation method which mentioned in first post. but the android never boots up. jetdroid boot up screen comes and start to loading the files after some messages, it write: "starting kernel ->" and then the screen goes black and a little vibration occur then nothing happen and the phone is became shutdown. I try it some times and nothing changed.
I do not install any other version of jetQi is the problem from there? I use the jetQi which is in step by step instruction. also I do not try to download packages and do it manually is it possible that problem is from automatic installation for example it doesn't download and extract kernel packages?
my frameware version is : S8003JPIH1

Hi Alirezak,

Camera, calling, messaging (phone features) are not working yet. Please refer to first post regarding list of features working and not working.
For 0.5 version install you don't need to change JetQi. The old JetQi will work fine.
The first booting may take long time before booting JetDroid depending on your SD card. Please wait for at least 4 to 5 minutes for first booting.
If still the problem remains, please upload the kernel.log and android.log files on your JetDroid partition here which will help us to understand the exact problem.

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Gigabyteman wrote:It so good to see that this project is still alive! I recently bought a Jet and want to use it as a display attached to a HTPC running VDR on Linux. Content is be displayed using a VNC Client and works OK (a bit slow) on WLAN, but goal is to use TCP forwarding via USB and ADB.

Unfortunately ADB is not working here. On Windows 7 x64, adb does not detect any devices. The Windows Device Manager shows a "GT-8000" with device USB ID 18d1:4e21. USB mass storage is working fine!

My Linux box shows a nameless device when typing "lsusb", but adb tells me that it has no permissions (even when run as root):
Do I have to consider something else to get adb working?

Hi,
To access the device via adb in linux, the adb service must be started as root. Otherwise other adb command won't work even though you run them as root.
Try following:
sudo ./adb kill-server
sudo ./adb start-server
./adb devices

To access adb in windows, you need to install google android drivers. Even after installing these drivers the device won't be detected in adb since the drivers support standard google devices only. We need to add a configuration for Jet in the drivers to make it work.
Let me know if the Linux thing doesn't work and you still need to access adb in windows, I'll try to give you steps to setup adb in windows.

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby nguyenvu » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks a lot. Hope you guys could finish jetDroid project :)
nguyenvu
Freshman

Postby Gigabyteman » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks KB! adb is now working flawlessly here under Linux.

Performance of this prerelease is in fact good. It would be very nice to have audio working as one of the next steps. With working audio the device could be used as a cheap WLAN music player or UPnP-AV renderer :-) Keep up the good work guys!
Gigabyteman
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Gingerbread) Testing