JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

JetPlatform (Gingerbread) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby Roken » Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 pm

After a clean install (including GApps) I powered up on a full charge. leave it alone and the screen blanks. Catch it quickly and you can wake it again. Leave it more than 3 -4 minutes and it's powered off. No warning, no shutdown etc. It's just "Off"

To clarify - at this point I can power on as normal (Samsung OS) or Jetdroid power on, so it's not even a weird sleep mode. It is definitely off.
Roken
Freshman

Advertisement

Postby KB_JetDroid » Fri May 04, 2012 4:26 pm

Roken wrote:After a clean install (including GApps) I powered up on a full charge. leave it alone and the screen blanks. Catch it quickly and you can wake it again. Leave it more than 3 -4 minutes and it's powered off. No warning, no shutdown etc. It's just "Off"

To clarify - at this point I can power on as normal (Samsung OS) or Jetdroid power on, so it's not even a weird sleep mode. It is definitely off.

Thanks for the update. It surely seems to be a problem. So when it turns off and you boot again in Samsung OS, does the battery shown as empty? I mean does it turn off due to battery discharge or does it turn off for no reason (might be a bug)?

Also can anyone confirm is they could use JetDroid mode for a longer duration like say half an hour or more without keeping it idle. This will help us to understand wether there is an issue with the power management or some bug in only sleep mode.

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby manu_sml » Sat May 05, 2012 9:44 am

I also tested and the same happened to my phone also. I have s8003. It turns off after switching on jetdroid Gigerbread.

[...]
loading the kernel ...
Invalid uImage!
Size [KiB]: 2945
Kernel commandline:
loglevel=7 rootdelay=1 init=
Init root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw
Starting kernel --->
after it mobile turns off.
manu_sml
Freshman

Postby LoafFace » Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am

Hello! My phone won\t boot jetdroid :(
when i turn it on it just vibrates a little bit and then it turn off after a minute.
I tried the zImage with console debugging and this showed up> (theese where the 3 last lines)
Code: Select all
[      some numbers ] unwind: unknown symbol address c0083e8
[      some numbers ] unwind: index not found c0083e8
[      some numbers ] Rebooting in 10 seconds . .

I tried googeling it and found this page, maybe it helps http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16767
LoafFace
Freshman

Postby alirezak » Sun May 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Dopi wrote:
alirezak wrote:
[...]
loading the kernel ...
Invalid uImage!
Size [KiB]: 2945
Kernel commandline:
loglevel=7 rootdelay=1 init=
Starting kernel --->

what should I do now?

What exactly happens after this? Does your phone vibrate? Which Jet model do you own?

after this the LCD is turned off and a little Vibrate occured then nothing happen. I mean after the vibrate it completely turned off.
my phone model is: Jet S8003
and the firmware is: S8003JPIH1

thanks for pursuit.
alireza
alirezak
Freshman

Postby ah.sheikh » Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm

Does it mean that it also works as simple mobile for calling ?
thanks,
ah.sheikh
Freshman

Postby LoafFace » Fri May 11, 2012 8:46 pm

LoafFace wrote:Hello! My phone won\t boot jetdroid :(
when i turn it on it just vibrates a little bit and then it turn off after a minute.
I tried the zImage with console debugging and this showed up> (theese where the 3 last lines)
[      some numbers ] unwind: unknown symbol address c0083e8
[      some numbers ] unwind: index not found c0083e8
[      some numbers ] Rebooting in 10 seconds . .

I tried googeling it and found this page, maybe it helps http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=16767

Bump?
LoafFace
Freshman

Postby marcio » Sat May 19, 2012 4:09 am

Dears, I have installed on my Jet and works fine!
I managed to install and use the google play (old market).

I used the google apps for the last 7 Cyanogemmod in:
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20 ... signed.zip

After installing the android files normally:

Extract the downloaded file into a temporary folder on any PC.
Two folders will be extracted, META-INF, System with multiple files, just copy and overwrite both folders to the root directory of the SD card (EXT3 partition).

After this process to start Android, Google's app will welcome and i just fill in the details to log on google play.

This process can also be done even after installing the Android already has been made and used, provided it is for Linux, that's what I did ...

:)
Marcio
marcio
Freshman

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Sun May 20, 2012 3:11 pm

marcio wrote:Dears, I have installed on my Jet and works fine!
I managed to install and use the google play (old market).

I used the google apps for the last 7 Cyanogemmod in:
http://cmw.22aaf3.com/gapps/gapps-gb-20 ... signed.zip

After installing the android files normally:

Extract the downloaded file into a temporary folder on any PC.
Two folders will be extracted, META-INF, System with multiple files, just copy and overwrite both folders to the root directory of the SD card (EXT3 partition).

After this process to start Android, Google's app will welcome and i just fill in the details to log on google play.

This process can also be done even after installing the Android already has been made and used, provided it is for Linux, that's what I did ...

:)
Marcio

The META-INF folder is not needed, it is for ClockWorkMod when flashing Gapps via ClockworkMod that folder might cause some problems if adding it to system folder..
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Roken » Wed May 30, 2012 10:20 am

KB_JetDroid wrote:Thanks for the update. It surely seems to be a problem. So when it turns off and you boot again in Samsung OS, does the battery shown as empty? I mean does it turn off due to battery discharge or does it turn off for no reason (might be a bug) - KB

Sorry it's taken a while to get back on this. After booting back to Samsung OS the battery is largely unchanged, so it's not a power drain. There's no reason that I can see for the shutdown.
Roken
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Gingerbread) Testing