JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

JetPlatform (Gingerbread) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetDroid Gingerbread testing (0.5pre1)

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Might the shutdown problem be solved when using 3.0.# kernel with 3.0.# zImage and then using Android sleep/Android tool apps from android market which can keep phone in idle and not to shut down..?

or is the problem in zImage?

If Replacing screen files that might help to keep phone in idle?

Also if someone want to use Android much longer on Jét then add brightness to something 60%, that saves my Galaxy Nexus's battery life really much.. :D
Last edited by Carlos_Manuel on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby madalin88 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:56 pm

I had the same problem after starting kernel, with the vibrate then turning off. Solved by copying the boot folder from JetKernel-0.2.binary to the root of the Android partition :D .
The problems i'm facing are that it freezes when trying to unlock the screen for the first time, then it restarts. Finally after a couple of restarts i can get to the menu, but lots of hang ups and again freezing, i suspect either a slow sd-card or it's normal because it's still under development. From all the tries just once i experienced the shutdown problem.
madalin88
Freshman

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 pm

madalin88 wrote:I had the same problem after starting kernel, with the vibrate then turning off. Solved by copying the boot folder from JetKernel-0.2.binary to the root of the Android partition :D .
The problems i'm facing are that it freezes when trying to unlock the screen for the first time, then it restarts. Finally after a couple of restarts i can get to the menu, but lots of hang ups and again freezing, i suspect either a slow sd-card or it's normal because it's still under development. From all the tries just once i experienced the shutdown problem.

I though that the boot folder is just for the touch screen when using different zImage then it corrects touch screen calibration.. I didn't know that can make Binary to work if having problems after starting kernel thing...
:D
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby kafkasyali » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:12 am

Sorry for my bad english.

I have solved to vibration and shutdown problem.

Before open linux terminal.
    Input code
    Code: Select all
    sudo nautilus
    Opened home window from root user.
    Go to jetdroid folder.
    Clean your old jetdroid files. Do not close this window.
    Download easy install script. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2243
    Double click easy script file. Opened ubuntu default archiver.
    (Do not make definitely no action for files in Windows OS. E.g.:extract files)
    Drag drop "install" folder in jetdroid root folder.
    Download jetdroid 0.5 from manually.
    Donwload link: https://github.com/JetDroid/JetPlatform ... ll/0.5pre1
    Copy downloaded jetdroid tar.gz file in "install" folder.
    (Do not make definitely no action for files in Windows OS. E.g. extract files)
    Open "install" folder and double click easy install script. Open "Run in terminal".
    Wait extract jetdriod files now.
    "Do you want to clean old files, Do you want to backup your old files and Do you want to download google files" questions answer is "N". (I'm not install to google files)
    Extracted jetdroid files will be locked icons.
    Open new terminal. Go to jetdroid folder. (cd \media\Jetdroid media name)
    Input code
    Code: Select all
    sudo chmod -R 777 /media/Jetdroid media name

(No lock icons are no longer in jetdroid folder now)
    Go to Windows OS.
    Use in previous Jetdroid bootloader install from your phone. (e.g.: for your 0.3pre1 loader)
Open JetDroid on your phone. The first installation will take about 4-5 minutes.

My phone S8000. SW VER S800MCEJJ3. Working Jetdroid on my phone.

Thank you JetDroid Team from Türkiye(Turkey). kafkasyali
kafkasyali
Freshman

Postby saturnfreeway » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey everyone -

Yesterday when updating a few apps from the Play store, I got a complete hangup. The screen went black, the upper status bar remained visible, but the hardware buttons didn't react anymore. After restart (taking the battery out) everything went well.

Besides that, a game like Angry Birds doesn't function well, it won't load all the images and game play is slooow. It could be my sd-card, but is anyone else experiencing laggy behavior, in general and concerning games?

Just to let you know. Cheers.
saturnfreeway

Postby davidebeatrici » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:48 pm

saturnfreeway wrote:Hey everyone -

Yesterday when updating a few apps from the Play store, I got a complete hangup. The screen went black, the upper status bar remained visible, but the hardware buttons didn't react anymore. After restart (taking the battery out) everything went well.

Besides that, a game like Angry Birds doesn't function well, it won't load all the images and game play is slooow. It could be my sd-card, but is anyone else experiencing laggy behavior, in general and concerning games?

Just to let you know. Cheers.

Yeah, i tested all Angry Birds.
Only Seasons works fine.
I tried also Fruit Ninja, but is very slow, so I think that all 3D games are slow.
davidebeatrici
Freshman

Postby saturnfreeway » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Slightly laggy behavior is something inherent to Cyanogenmod I guess, and depends on hardware of course, I've got it running on my Nook Color and only overclocking will allow fluent game play. Hopefully there will be a day when we can install CM on the internal memory of the Jet (and possibly overclock the thing?).
saturnfreeway

Postby Jaaster26 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey guys!!

in my opinnion there is nothing to say about this platform!! it's just the best working and smoothest platform i ever tested and it's great work from you developers!!

Jaaster26
Jaaster26
Freshman

Postby Fuleiro2 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi all!

Yesterday I've installed the 0.5pre1 using the automated script. It is very fast and good looking but my wi-fi can't connect. I can find the SSID, type the password but it doesn't get IP.
The problem isn't in my phone or AP because with the JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 it works fine!
Can anyone help me about that?

Thanks!

Fuleiro2
Fuleiro2
Freshman

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 am

Fuleiro2 wrote:Hi all!

Yesterday I've installed the 0.5pre1 using the automated script. It is very fast and good looking but my wi-fi can't connect. I can find the SSID, type the password but it doesn't get IP.
The problem isn't in my phone or AP because with the JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 it works fine!
Can anyone help me about that?

Thanks!

Fuleiro2

Hi Fuleiro2,
What type of security have you set for your AP (WPA/WPA2/WEP, etc)?
Will it be possible for you to test with no-security (open network)? This is just to figure out where could be the problem.
Anyway if possible upload the kernel.log and android.log files generated on your JetDroid partition while trying to connect wifi. These might have a hint about the problem.

-KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Gingerbread) Testing