[HOWTO] Huawei Ascend G600 Bootloader unlocking

Discussion specific to Huawei Ascend G600 / Honor+ (U8950-1, U8950-51, U8950N-1, U8950D, C8950D, T8950)

[HOWTO] Huawei Ascend G600 Bootloader unlocking

Postby Dopi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Here is how to unlock the Huawei Ascend G600 (U8950, C8950, T8950) bootloader:

Preparation
  • Request your unlocking code from the Huawei website.
  • WITHOUT THE CODE YOU CANNOT PROCEED TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER
  • Download the driver for your phone from Huawei Device’s official website to a computer.
  • Download the ADB toolkit (comes with the platform tools inside the SDK) from Google’s website and install it on the computer. For example, install the toolkit to D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools. Ensure that the folder contains the fastboot.exe file.

WARNING
  • Unlocking the bootloader restores your device to its factory settings and all of your personal data will be erased. Back up your data before unlocking the bootloader.
  • Some functions will no longer work after you unlock the bootloader. For example, the Digital Right Management (DRM) security password and digital content you have purchased cannot be used any more. Software upgrade using Firmware Over-The-Air (FOTA) or a microSD card may fail or your device may not function properly after the upgrade.
  • Service providers may not support bootloader unlocking on their customized devices. If so, contact your service provider to unlock your device’s bootloader.
  • Huawei warns that unlocking the bootloader may cause unexpected negative impact on your device
  • You are at your own risk if the device malfunctions and cannot be recovered. In case of software and hardware failures, Huawei repair centers may charge for maintenance services.

Unlocking procedure
  1. Switch the device to fastboot mode.
    • First switch of the fast booting feature. (Go to the settings menu and disable the fastboot function, or power off the device, remove the battery, and then wait for at least 2 seconds before reinstalling the battery.)
    • Power off the device.
    • Hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously for at least 10 seconds
  2. Connect the device to the computer.
    • Connect the device to the computer using a USB cable.
    • Open a command window, enter the directory where the ADB toolkit is installed. (e.g. use the commands D: [ENTER] cd D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools [ENTER] )
    • Check that the device is connected to the computer properly. To do so, enter fastboot devices, and press Enter, if a message such as
      Code: Select all
      D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot.exe devices
      9e42530e fastboot
      is displayed, the connection is set up properly.
  3. Run the unlocking command.
    • In the computer’s command window, enter fastboot oem UNLOCK PASSWORD, for example, fastboot oem unlock 1234567812345678.
    • If your unlocking is success full you should see something like
      Code: Select all
      D:\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>fastboot oem unlock 1234567812345678
      (bootloader)     Unlocking ...

OKAY [  0.039s]
      finished. total time: 0.040s
    • Now your device should restart. (If the password entered is correct, the device will be restored to its factory settings, after which the device restarts and enters standby mode. The device’s bootloader is unlocked. If the password entered is incorrect, a message is displayed and the device enters standby mode.)

4. Check whether the unlocking succeeded.
    • Repeat above steps for entering fastboot mode
    • In the computer’s command window, enter fastboot oem get-bootinfo, the bootloader lock state of your device is displayed. Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED indicates that the bootloader is still locked. Re-perform the unlocking procedure and check that the password is correctly entered. Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED indicates that your device’s bootloader has been unlocked. You can then install a third-party firmware.

To lock the bootloader after unlocking it
  1. Restore the device’s software to the Huawei official version using a microSD card.
  2. Switch the device to fastboot mode, and enter fastboot oem relock password (password is a 16-digit number) in the computer’s command window.
  3. The device then restarts, and the bootloader lock state turns to Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED.

What next?
After the bootloader is unlocked you may flash any custom ROM (image) directly. It is also possible to install a custom recovery that allows rooting the device or installing updates or other apps (like the Google Apps) from a zip archive.

HAPPY UNLOCKING! :D
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: [HOWTO] Huawei Ascend G600 Bootloader unlocking

Postby Wanderer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Thank you for the article.

I've been trying to get my unlock code from Huawei daily, for few days now, but keep getting the following email from them. Eventhough I enter the correct information in all the fields. Somehow they don't seem to get the SN field. And, the mobile phone number has no field to enter it in when requesting the unlock code.

------------------ partial received email message ---------------------------------
S/N:
Mobile phone number:

Maybe you has submitted the wrong information that we can’t find the corresponding unlock code .
Please check your information and re-submit to apply unlock code, and we will send it to your Email address in 3 working days. Thank you!

Huawei Terminal Company limited
------------------ end of partial received email message ---------------------------------

I've been receiving the same email daily, since Mar 11. 5 times already. Each time I get it, I re-enter the info and submit again.

Any help/ideas, please?

Thank you in advance.
Wanderer
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi Wanderer,

I can only encourage you to try again. I also tried several times and also got negative results in an e-mails with below content:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for supporting Huawei device.
The information you submitted is as follow:
Mobile Model:HUAWEI U8950D
MEID/IMEI:861234567890123
S/N:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile phone number:
Email:xxx@yyy.com

Maybe you has submitted the wrong information that we can’t find the corresponding unlock code .
Please check your information and re-submit to apply unlock code, and we will send it to your Email address in 3 working days. Thank you!

Interestingly the e-mail that contained the correct unlock code did not mention my serial number:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for supporting Huawei device.
The information you submitted is as follow:
Mobile Model:HUAWEI U8950D
MEID/IMEI:861234567890123
S/N:
Email:xxx@yyy.com

Your unlock code :1234567890123456,please keeping your unlock code properly. Thank you!

Huawei Terminal Company limited

However, I do have no Idea what helped get this code but I know that it took longer than three days and I also tried the Chinese version of the request form.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Gagan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:55 pm

There is a faster way to get bootloader code, dc-unlocker implemented read bootload code in their latest update.
Gagan
Freshman

Return to Huawei Ascend G600 Honor+ (U8950, C8950, T8950)