Rooting JetDroid

Instructions how to install and modify JetDroid on your phone

Moderators: Forum moderators, JetDroid Dev Team

Re: Rooting JetDroid

Postby Jose_Paramore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:13 pm

imatheussm wrote:What kind of problems? Well here I am, I feel just the opposite: when I used a 4GB card, everything was very slow, with only 2GB for each side. But with 8GB, everything got faster. The system started up in a second, with GAPPS installed, and booting with other tools. Now I'm asking this because I did something bad, who left the garbled computer system, read only the cell, preventing application installations. JetDroid reinstalled (I have the files ready on your PC, like a ROM with all that I use), and after this procedure, I tried root and ASTRO is saying it has no space when I have more than 1GB free ... :cry:
~Imatheussm

Hit imatheussm, I had your problem a time ago, you have to make a copy of your Jetdroid files if you don't want to lose them, and then you have to format your ext3 partition. Just format it into ext3 again, copy the files and set the permissions and you're done.
PD: you said you have an 4GB ext3 partition. Is this related with GApps? I have an 8GB card, my ext3 partition is about 1GB, and Gapps don't work well... system reboots all the time
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Postby Pumba93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Jose_Paramore wrote:For z4root to work, you have to follow these steps:
1.- Enable usb debugging (Settings/Applications/Development/Usb Debugging)
2.- Connect your phone to your computer (USB)
3.- Open z4root in your phone and press the button "root"
4.- The phone will turn off by itself. Turn it on again and you will see the superuser icon in the app drawer ;)
Cheers,
Jose

no man it doesnt work always the message "z4root stopped unexpectively" and then im force to close it.
Pumba93

Postby Jose_Paramore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Pumba93 wrote:
Jose_Paramore wrote:For z4root to work, you have to follow these steps:
1.- Enable usb debugging (Settings/Applications/Development/Usb Debugging)
2.- Connect your phone to your computer (USB)
3.- Open z4root in your phone and press the button "root"
4.- The phone will turn off by itself. Turn it on again and you will see the superuser icon in the app drawer ;)
Cheers,
Jose

no man it doesnt work always the message "z4root stopped unexpectively" and then im force to close it.

Mmm... that's quite strange... z4root works for me...
Maybe you are not installing z4root using a file explorer. You have to install it using a program like Astro, not copying the .apk file into /system/app
Cheers,
Jose
PD: I've rooted my phone using z4root and the small guide I posted, so it should work ;)
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Pumba93 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:13 pm

thx now it works. Now just the GApps are missing :D
Pumba93

Postby Byeranger » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:06 pm

My jetdroid is rooted at ´EXT3 8GB´, and i know it wasnt really smart to use a space in it. But when i modify Jose_Paramores command, it searches for /media/EXT3 :(
How do i get Ubuntu to include the rest of the command?

I also want to change the partition name, but when i right click on it -> properties, then change the name and press enter it says that the filesystem in busy? Nothing else is running on Ubuntu..
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:49 pm

Just in case anyone is interested. I found the source for the patched "su" command. It is here: http://code.google.com/p/superuser/source/browse/trunk/su/su.c?r=10. Now as we have the source I see a good chance to include it in our system build.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby perrylane788 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks for the guide. I am interested in rooting my phone, but am not sure what the big advantages are. Can you guys tell me why I would want to do this? Is it worth the risk? Is there a chance that I could wipe my phone if I decide to root it? Thanks for any help that you guys can give.
Perry in Pink
www.goldenrule.com
perrylane788
Freshman

Postby electroX-73 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Thijs wrote:Hi,

Okay, an alternative is to connect your Jet to Linux (Ubuntu) and to unzip the attachment into "/system/bin".

Then open a terminal and type

cd /media/JetDroid/system/bin
sudo chmod 7777 osu
sudo chmod 7777 su

note: Assuming that your Jet (with Samsung OS running) is mounted at /media/JetDroid

After this install a terminal emulator in JetDroid and type:
osu

Now you've got root-access.

Best regards - Thijs

Can you please give me link to a terminal emulator?

Regards
electroX-73

Postby MadRocker » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:53 pm

I am not sure if rooting still works, maybe in 2.1 platform but I did not have any luck with the pre0.3 versions for both the terminal or most rooting apps.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby vaclavpe » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 am

Dopi wrote:Just in case anyone is interested. I found the source for the patched "su" command. It is here: http://code.google.com/p/superuser/source/browse/trunk/su/su.c?r=10. Now as we have the source I see a good chance to include it in our system build.

Cheers,
Dopi

Have somebody compiled and tried this "su" ? What were the results ?
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetDroid Howto Guides