Page 1 of 1

Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 pm
by werh254
Hello! Has anybody try to read sources called "Dolfin-Browser_v1.0_OpenSource", that availeble at samsung open source website?
I think, that it contains part of OS sources. Some binary modules not included, but maybe we could understand how it works with hardware.
For example, I simly found something about NAND, sound, etc.
I think, that these sources is useful for our developers.
Maybe samsung was talking about these sources in their reply to us. :?:

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:31 pm
by thom_anderson
Emailing them about it now. Let's see what they say

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:08 pm
by KB_JetDroid
werh254 wrote:Hello! Has anybody try to read sources called "Dolfin-Browser_v1.0_OpenSource", that availeble at samsung open source website?
I think, that it contains part of OS sources. Some binary modules not included, but maybe we could understand how it works with hardware.
For example, I simly found something about NAND, sound, etc.
I think, that these sources is useful for our developers.
Maybe samsung was talking about these sources in their reply to us. :?:

It indeed helps. I had few Mocha header files from the old mocha/nucleus sources.
But the dolfin browser source you mentioned above contains latest headers which are latest and specific to Jet.
It never occurred to my mind that the browser source will include headers common to Jet's OS. ;)
This will help me in understanding the Jet's IPC implementation. Thanks 8-)

-KB

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:31 pm
by Dopi
KB_JetDroid wrote:It indeed helps. I had few Mocha header files from the old mocha/nucleus sources.
But the dolfin browser source you mentioned above contains latest headers which are latest and specific to Jet.
It never occurred to my mind that the browser source will include headers common to Jet's OS. ;)
This will help me in understanding the Jet's IPC implementation. Thanks 8-)

I also did not expect these sources to be useful. Now I can't wait to have a look myself ;)

Cheers,
Dopi

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:08 am
by thom_anderson
"Thanks for your nice new year's greetings.
I wish you a happy new year and the best luck in your development.

I am sorry but with your mentioning of hardware information from dolphin, I cannot identify the information. I'm sure you have fellow developers in jetdroid, but you might want to expand the network to our OSRC2 (http://opensource.samsung.com/community.do) to open a forum and get help from other OSS developers about the information we cannot provide officially.

Warm regards,

You may find the source code" (Again????? - Just give us the files :lol: )

Ohh, well :( , let's launch a community then

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:04 pm
by thom_anderson
My email to them contained questions like

Is Dolphin source related to the development of Samsung Jet?
I gave them the full list of ROM that were used from other phones for driver compatibility and asked what to do next...
I asked them for help, and I asked them for a newer firmware for Jet...

Other things are very minor...

:(

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:07 pm
by Carlos_Manuel
thom_anderson wrote:My email to them contained questions like

Is Dolphin source related to the development of Samsung Jet?
I gave them the full list of ROM that were used from other phones for driver compatibility and asked what to do next...
I asked them for help, and I asked them for a newer firmware for Jet...

Other things are very minor...

:(


ok! I asked only help to make better the JetDroid project and asked new firmware and I got message back "bla bla bla.. and if need answer then send message to here bla bla bla" so I didn't send message again to other place...

whatever them will not help (never) only then maybe when they can get money of helping in this project..

Re: Samsung OS Sources

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:05 pm
by thermooo
If they're willing to help through making a new community... let it be it.. but are they truly willing to help?