How do you disable 3G and 2G on touchwiz?

Discussion about the Samsung Nucleus OS of the Jet phone

How do you disable 3G and 2G on touchwiz?

Postby Kurdo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:55 am

I want to turn off 3g and 2g on the touchwiz, because i dont use it anyway, and i think it takes up unnecessary batterylife. Is this possible to do?
Kurdo

Advertisement

Re: How do you disable 3G and 2G on touchwiz?

Postby HenriA » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:15 pm

hmm, 2g and 3g are internet features? that we don't need for calling? if it's just for internet, i am interested to :)
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kurdo » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

joopykoopy wrote:hmm, 2g and 3g are internet features? that we don't need for calling? if it's just for internet, i am interested to :)

hmm, i think i did some bad research lol. I thought 3g and 2g were only for internet, but now I've looked up more information about it, and I think i was wrong.

But 2G still takes less energy right? I dont really care about the speed :p.
Kurdo

Postby Dopi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Kurdo wrote:hmm, i think i did some bad research lol. I thought 3g and 2g were only for internet, but now I've looked up more information about it, and I think i was wrong.

You can also make calls via 3G networks.

Kurdo wrote:But 2G still takes less energy right? I dont really care about the speed :p.

As far as I know power consumption for 2G+3G can be almos the same as 2G only. This depends mainly on the network reception. If 3G reception is low power consumption rises.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Kurdo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 pm

Well, I have tested the battery life with 2G only for a couple of weeks now. The battery does last longer. I even used the mp3-player more often, and it still lasts as long/longer than with 3G+2G.
Kurdo

Postby Dopi » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 am

Kurdo wrote:Well, I have tested the battery life with 2G only for a couple of weeks now. The battery does last longer. I even used the mp3-player more often, and it still lasts as long/longer than with 3G+2G.

Okay. I understand. However, that could still be related to the network coverage in your area. Anyway, I am willing to believe that signing into one additional network really needs more power. I just wanted to say that this is not all that influences the power consumption. Personally I expect the power consumption under Android to be much higher than for the Samsung OS. But let's see ;)

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Samsung OS