Real time clock

What feature would you like to see in JetDroid

Real time clock

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi,
I think that enable the real time clock must be an important feature, because we need it to play music, make calls,... (when they are available)
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: Real time clock

Postby Byeranger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

I'm sure the developers are already working on this problem.
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Byeranger wrote:I'm sure the developers are already working on this problem.

Yes, Vaclavpe was looking at RTC and also at the time issue. Reading RTC seemed to be working well, the reason for the time running too fast is still not found.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Dopi wrote:
Byeranger wrote:I'm sure the developers are already working on this problem.

Yes, Vaclavpe was looking at RTC and also at the time issue. Reading RTC seemed to be working well, the reason for the time running too fast is still not found.

Cheers,
Dopi

Well, I've noticed that the time running is exactly twice the real time. For example, a minute in JetDroid is 30 seconds in the Earth :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers,
Jose
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby tearitup » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:14 pm

That's just because earth can't keep pace with our awesome fast Jet's. I guess there is no way to solve this problem, besides speeding up the earth. Too bad :(
tearitup

Postby Jose_Paramore » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:22 pm

tearitup wrote:That's just because earth can't keep pace with our awesome fast Jet's. I guess there is no way to solve this problem, besides speeding up the earth. Too bad :(

Good joke xD
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby squidink14 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:02 pm

When you first connect to WiFi, it updates the time, but goes fast again. If there was some way of constantly getting the time from the internet and not the phone, then we could solve it. And when you are not home, it would update from the signal.
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby mihai.dolha » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 pm

squidink14 wrote:When you first connect to WiFi, it updates the time, but goes fast again. If there was some way of constantly getting the time from the internet and not the phone, then we could solve it. And when you are not home, it would update from the signal.

this is not really a fix. you can't update for time every second, plus the system needs the correct time even with no data connections (no wifi, no gsm signal - hard to believe but there are still blind spots out there). plus data traffic over gsm is not cheap... it might get expensive :P
mihai.dolha

Postby squidink14 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:00 pm

mihai.dolha wrote:
squidink14 wrote:When you first connect to WiFi, it updates the time, but goes fast again. If there was some way of constantly getting the time from the internet and not the phone, then we could solve it. And when you are not home, it would update from the signal.

this is not really a fix. you can't update for time every second, plus the system needs the correct time even with no data connections (no wifi, no gsm signal - hard to believe but there are still blind spots out there). plus data traffic over gsm is not cheap... it might get expensive :P

Yes, didn't think of that :oops:
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby makois » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:19 am

Ok since this is my first post, although i've been tracking this project almost since the begining, greetings from Greece to everyone and gratz on your work so far. I'm no expert but i want to share my thoughts.

For a machine to track time it should use an algorithm with some kind of "natural" frequency. So i guess it uses an internal clock maybe CPUs. So if this algorithm was built for an other cpu clock it should be fixed to aply to 800mhz.

I hope this helps

Cheers,
Makois
makois
Freshman

Next

Return to Feature Requests