Source Question :@

Instructions how to set up the devlopment environment and take part in the JetDroid development

Moderator: JetDroid Dev Team

Source Question :@

Postby Morat » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

just a question for the bold and uninitiated :)

downloaded everything and seem to be able to build ok.

am just curious with all the diff walkthroughs about. In our JetDroid dir we should have what exactly. For instance at present i have 5 sub-folders :
android
JetKernel
JetPlatform (This is the one I have some difficulty with at the moment)
JetQi
kernel

As I said I have actually reached a stage where I can build the kernel etc ok, but I then thought that "hey, it also mentions that we should download the JetPlatform source in that other post ?" ... so I promptly did, only to stall at the end with the error :
fatal: remote error:
Could not find Repository Dopi/JetPlatform_vendor_sec
error: Cannot fetch Dopi/JetPlatform_vendor_sec

I am guessing here, but, is the JetPlatform now an invalid or unnecessary folder to populate ?

probably a silly question, but, I'd rather look silly than be stupid and not ask :)

cheers
;)
Morat
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Source Question :@

Postby thom_anderson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:37 am

UP the question needs some answer !!! :)
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Source Question :@

Postby Dopi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 pm

Morat wrote:just a question for the bold and uninitiated :)

downloaded everything and seem to be able to build ok.

am just curious with all the diff walkthroughs about. In our JetDroid dir we should have what exactly. For instance at present i have 5 sub-folders :
android
JetKernel
JetPlatform (This is the one I have some difficulty with at the moment)
JetQi
kernel

As I said I have actually reached a stage where I can build the kernel etc ok, but I then thought that "hey, it also mentions that we should download the JetPlatform source in that other post ?" ... so I promptly did, only to stall at the end with the error :
fatal: remote error:
Could not find Repository Dopi/JetPlatform_vendor_sec
error: Cannot fetch Dopi/JetPlatform_vendor_sec

I am guessing here, but, is the JetPlatform now an invalid or unnecessary folder to populate ?

probably a silly question, but, I'd rather look silly than be stupid and not ask :)

cheers
;)

Hi Morat,

I must admit the build instructions for the JetPlatform sources may not be up to date. Which version did your try to build?

Besides the out of date instructions some repositories (android.kernel.org) are offline. Thus I can understand your problems. There are workarounds by unsing other repositories but I did not apply these changes for older versions. I am trying to put a working version together for gingerbread, but this is not complete, yet. If you are interested to help I can give you some more details how to get this started.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Development Howto