Installation Guide Discussion

Questions, answers and discussion about JetDroid

Moderator: Forum moderators

Installation Guide Discussion

Postby Bonsitm » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:30 pm

As the Installation Guide in the How-To and Guides section is being locked to preserve it as a standalone article, the discussion of the guide can proceed here.

So any questions or corrections of the guide, please post them here!
Also please post if you have managed to do it all successfully!
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: Installation Guide Discussion

Postby vaclavpe » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello, so I finally got Samsung Jet. So I am setting up myself to contribute. Just one dumb question. Is the testing process returnable ? I mean, if I boot and test JetDroid, can I then boot back to original firmware ?
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby squidink14 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:12 pm

vaclavpe wrote:Hello, so I finally got Samsung Jet. So I am setting up myself to contribute. Just one dumb question. Is the testing process returnable ? I mean, if I boot and test JetDroid, can I then boot back to original firmware ?

Yes, it is dual boot so you will have android and the samsung os. Hold the power button to boot into the samsung os and then the call and power button to boot into android.
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Bonsitm » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Absolutely correct. You can use the Samsung OS whenever you want.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby kishorez5n » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:11 am

i installed bootloader n all the procedure as given in how to install.. but when i gave command "sudo chmod - R 777" then copying d address f the sdhc and pastin.. it gives "chmod: missing operand after `777/media/sdhc'
here sdhc is name f ext3 partition..
i tried bootin android it gives those small texts written permission denied mentioning /system/xxxx n al.. wats d problem??
kishorez5n
Freshman

Postby Bonsitm » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 am

kishorez5n wrote:i installed bootloader n all the procedure as given in how to install.. but when i gave command "sudo chmod - R 777" then copying d address f the sdhc and pastin.. it gives "chmod: missing operand after `777/media/sdhc'
here sdhc is name f ext3 partition..
i tried bootin android it gives those small texts written permission denied mentioning /system/xxxx n al.. wats d problem??

It looks like you tried to use "- R" when it should be "-R". Try that.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vaclavpe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:48 am

squidink14 wrote:Yes, it is dual boot so you will have android and the samsung os. Hold the power button to boot into the samsung os and then the call and power button to boot into android.

Good, I successfully reflashed the JetQi bootloader and have question. In the guide, there is mentioned SD-HC card. Is it mandatory ? I got SD 2GB card with my Jet. Before I try it, is it worth or useless ? In latter case I should go to buy some recommended SDHC 4GB.
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Daenja » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 am

Hi all

Currently bootloader only supports SDHC and no SD. And only supports Ext2 filesystems. So no FAT filesystems.
Normally The SD Problem will be fixed later.

I hope it is the answer to you questions :)

Best Regards
John
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby vaclavpe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Daenja wrote:Hi all

Currently bootloader only supports SDHC and no SD. And only supports Ext2 filesystems. So no FAT filesystems.
Normally The SD Problem will be fixed later.

I hope it is the answer to you questions :)

Best Regards
John

So I finally tested Android as it is described in the guide. I actually used JetKernel 0.2. It is however half-way success. During JetQI I got "Unable to mount ext2 file system". Then, during kernel start I got several messages like "/system/etc/playmp3 not found", install-recovery not found, initial console not found. Then Android started.

Then the application Calendar Storage exited unexpectedly. Time is not stored - every time it starts counting from 00:00.

In 00:02 black horizontal lines appear on the screen and Jet is dead... Is it the expected behaviour ?

Should I move to Beg Report forum ?
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:59 pm

vaclavpe wrote:So I finally tested Android as it is described in the guide. I actually used JetKernel 0.2. It is however half-way success. During JetQI I got "Unable to mount ext2 file system". Then, during kernel start I got several messages like "/system/etc/playmp3 not found", install-recovery not found, initial console not found. Then Android started.

Then the application Calendar Storage exited unexpectedly. Time is not stored - every time it starts counting from 00:00.

In 00:02 black horizontal lines appear on the screen and Jet is dead... Is it the expected behaviour ?

Should I move to Beg Report forum ?

Time is not working yet so it is a "normal" bug.
You have to set the display timeout to 30min in the settings, in order to avoid the lines.
And the calender application error is normal too... That all is not working at all at the time. It will hopefully fixed in the next release
Rcfreak07

Next

Return to JetDroid Questions / Discussion