Installation Guide Discussion

Questions, answers and discussion about JetDroid

Moderator: Forum moderators

Re: Installation Guide Discussion

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Thu May 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Loble wrote:So, it is May 23rd now, year 2012, and I really love my Samsung JET and we've been dating since August 2010. So now, have the call and messaging and other issues been fixed? Is JET finally usable with Android OS??

latest binary is released 2012... Gingerbread ROM (CM7), check the Jetplatform topic to see what works...
Audio, SIM (call,..) is not working yet.. viewtopic.php?f=101&t=2244
:
Code: Select all
Here is the list of features:
Display and tochscreen (including screen locking and standby)
Wifi
Bluetooth
USB Mass storage and ADB access
SD-card access (2nd partition on the external SD-card)
Accelerometer (maybe compass)
RTC reading
Vibrator / Haptic feedback
Root access and SuperUser.apk

I can't test it so I don't know how good it is but it is now much better and faster..

Some people have booting problems with some different SD HC cards... I'm not sure is it fixed because I do not follow what people are posting here.
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby aldaser » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLZQdC2pyg&feature=context-gau

good day!!!i have a problem installing jetroid in my s8000....i cannot make a partition in ubuntu os,,,it has a
red exclamation point mark and cannot delete...i have a screen shots of those errors..how can i upload it here so that you can see the problem?thanks !!please help me...
aldaser
Freshman

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:16 pm

aldaser wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLZQdC2pyg&feature=context-gau

good day!!!i have a problem installing jetroid in my s8000....i cannot make a partition in ubuntu os,,,it has a
red exclamation point mark and cannot delete...i have a screen shots of those errors..how can i upload it here so that you can see the problem?thanks !!please help me...

on Ubuntu "Gparted": right click and select unmount, then you can format your SD card!
If you can't then I recommend you to find answers from google or from this forum page, I have answered before too to same/almost same questions...
to upload screenshot: Click "upload Attachments", then choose the file:
File comment <--- write if you want to tell about the picture...
then click Add the file!

you see the Options and upload attachment place when you make topic or when you reply...

Galaxy Nexus:
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby penjualsayur88 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:43 am

i'm stuck after i'm put the JetDroid with Multiloader in my phone.. after the multiloader said it's finished.. then i reconnect the usb.. then, i hold call and end button.. after the JetDroid shows up... i can't do nothing because my PC did'nt detect this phone usb....
penjualsayur88
Freshman

Postby penjualsayur88 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 am

anyone please.....
penjualsayur88
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:46 pm

penjualsayur88 wrote:i'm stuck after i'm put the JetDroid with Multiloader in my phone.. after the multiloader said it's finished.. then i reconnect the usb.. then, i hold call and end button.. after the JetDroid shows up... i can't do nothing because my PC did'nt detect this phone usb....

Did you install the JetDroid system to your SD-card?
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby thelmo » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:14 pm

1-I wonder if there really big risks in the installation JetDroid
2-I wonder how desisntalalo
3-I wonder which pays more 2.1 or the most current version of the 2.3
3-In installation of functions which JetDroid I lose? Camera will maintain the same quality, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3G td the same thing?
4-Who installed like? 2.3.7 and has apps store ^?

Aquardo Answers

PS: sorry my english is that I'm from Brazil
thelmo
Freshman

Postby DANfour20 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 am

Hello, I recently was given an s8000 jet.

It does not work, well it does but the touch does not work at all (i think it has a faulty digitizer so im going to get another of ebay) all the hardware keys work fine and the camera etc..

so presuming i fix this phone, i was thinking of installing android on it :D
but i have a few questions.

how would it compare to a current budget android phone (like a samsung galaxy y for example)

all of the videos i can find on youtube are of 2.1 2.3 and didnt look to be running that well??
(these videos are 2 years old and i was hoping there had maybe been an improvement since then)

does it still have to be an sdhc or would a regular 2 gbsd card work now?

well anyway guys there the only questions i have atm so i thank you in advance and wish you all a happy new year.

(oh also i just thought i dont know if it locked to a particular network, the phone is like a pinky purple and the firmware it came with had oranges set as the wallpaper, but i updated the firmware and it now has a yellow flower, unsure as to what firmware though :? )
DANfour20
Freshman

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

DANfour20 wrote:Hello, I recently was given an s8000 jet.

It does not work, well it does but the touch does not work at all (i think it has a faulty digitizer so im going to get another of ebay) all the hardware keys work fine and the camera etc..

so presuming i fix this phone, i was thinking of installing android on it :D
but i have a few questions.

how would it compare to a current budget android phone (like a samsung galaxy y for example)

all of the videos i can find on youtube are of 2.1 2.3 and didnt look to be running that well??
(these videos are 2 years old and i was hoping there had maybe been an improvement since then)

does it still have to be an sdhc or would a regular 2 gbsd card work now?

well anyway guys there the only questions i have atm so i thank you in advance and wish you all a happy new year.

(oh also i just thought i dont know if it locked to a particular network, the phone is like a pinky purple and the firmware it came with had oranges set as the wallpaper, but i updated the firmware and it now has a yellow flower, unsure as to what firmware though :? )

The speed of latest JetPlatform binary is really good and with right tweaks even 25%? Faster..
Also the speed depends of your SD-HC Card and yes you have to use SDHC card to use JetDroid.

Galaxy Nexus:
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby saturnfreeway » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 am

Hi DANfour20,

Please be advised that JetDroid is working, but only partially. No calling etc., since there's no network connection available yet. Wifi works though, so you can do a lot. But it is definitely not as good as a budget Android phone. If you want an Android phone without fuzz, buy another one. My installation of JetDroid somehow got corrupted and gave me a black and sometimes flickering screen, so I uninstalled for now. And am happy using the Jet without Android and a bunch of useful Java apps. Hope this helps.

Cheers
saturnfreeway

PreviousNext

Return to JetDroid Questions / Discussion