Copied files don't appear.

Please post your JetDroid bug reports here

Copied files don't appear.

Postby XxHunterxX » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:57 pm

hey guys,
when i used JetDroid the other day, i wanted to install another app that i only had on my computer.
So i hooked up JetDroid via USB-cable and copied the file i needed into the "/sdcard" folder.
But when I unhooked it and tried to install the app with Astro, the file wasn't there!
I tried it again, and it appears that files seem to be copied, but when you check it, they aren't there.

Later i looked for the files, while being in Samsung OS. No Difference - As if the file never existed.

Can anyone confirm this bug?

Sincerely
-Sven
XxHunterxX
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Copied files don't appear.

Postby Bonsitm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 pm

I think we've seen a lot of it recently. the /sdcard directory cannot be accessed by the Samsung OS as it is in the ext3 partition. Have you tried putting the apk into /data/app?
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kaesar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:31 am

XxHunterxX wrote:hey guys,
when i used JetDroid the other day, i wanted to install another app that i only had on my computer.
So i hooked up JetDroid via USB-cable and copied the file i needed into the "/sdcard" folder.
But when I unhooked it and tried to install the app with Astro, the file wasn't there!
I tried it again, and it appears that files seem to be copied, but when you check it, they aren't there.

Later i looked for the files, while being in Samsung OS. No Difference - As if the file never existed.

Can anyone confirm this bug?

Sincerely
-Sven

Hi Sven,

It's possible that this actually went to the /sdcard folder on the EXT3 partition. When you run JetDroid it now mounts the Samsung FAT32 partition to that directory and therefore you won't be able to see it. If you check /sdcard under ubuntu I'd imagine you will then see the apk. Personally I create a /install directory on the EXT3 partition and copy files into there or just on to the sammy partition when in windows.

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby XxHunterxX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey,
I might have not made myself clear enough. I copied the files on JetDroid onto the JetDroid partition (folder "sdcard", but that doesn't matter). Now Astro File manager couldnt find it.
So i booted into Samsung OS and connected the Jet to the Computer in Ubuntu. I could see everything on the JetDroid partition except for the files that i copied. And no I don't think they are hidden or something.
It appears that they have never been copied.

@Bonsitm: No i didn't try that. Although I don't think it would change anything. Since seeing the ext3-partition is not the issue.

Sincerely,
Sven
XxHunterxX
Freshman

Postby Kaesar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:15 pm

XxHunterxX wrote:Hey,
I might have not made myself clear enough. I copied the files on JetDroid onto the JetDroid partition (folder "sdcard", but that doesn't matter). Now Astro File manager couldnt find it.
So i booted into Samsung OS and connected the Jet to the Computer in Ubuntu. I could see everything on the JetDroid partition except for the files that i copied. And no I don't think they are hidden or something.
It appears that they have never been copied.

@Bonsitm: No i didn't try that. Although I don't think it would change anything. Since seeing the ext3-partition is not the issue.

Sincerely,
Sven

Hi Sven,

All I can suggest is trying again and seeing if it works. I'm not sure we are going to get anywhere by second guessing what happened at the time.

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby XxHunterxX » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Well,
i tried it again, and it worked this time.
Sorry about bothering you and thanks for taking time to help me. :)
XxHunterxX
Freshman

Postby Kaesar » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 pm

XxHunterxX wrote:Well,
i tried it again, and it worked this time.
Sorry about bothering you and thanks for taking time to help me. :)

No problem, glad it's now working for you. :)
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Bug Reports