what can i do next step?

Bootloader development related

what can i do next step?

Postby cx_star » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:36 am

i am try to rewrite the onenand, but failed.
and then ,by boot from tf, i load the right bootloader to ram( bootloader's 0x0 - 0x800 to 0x50000000, bootloader's 0x800 -end to 0x51400000), and the jump to 0x50000000 ro 0x51400000, but nothing happen.
cx_star

Advertisement

Re: what can i do next step?

Postby MadRocker » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 am

Not sure if this could help.

Normal boot type procedure:
Create space and make it bootable then add virtual image or bin or firmware that can get things started, next have 2nd space that is bootable + instructions for what to do and where to find it and finally the 2nd virtual image / bin / firmware that opens up more usable hardware and allows for read + write.

What I think might work is with what you have currently there needs to be a 2nd space + 2nd info + 2nd image or something that bridges this gap and informs what is working at this time to hand over to this 2nd part and then go from there.
IE: to make the jump to next level.

If you can find the ?? .conf that describes the first read only and change this to read / write or let it hand over to something similar what we used to do with linux a squashfs image that creates a ram / temp write space.

Either way there needs to be something telling it what is the next step and where to go from there. Similar to grub.cfg / grub.conf process.

You could also try cheating and creating a small ram drive in the original what is working and when it loads it as a read only .bin then there is space to run some commands similar to kernel console idea. This can then help you get info or help to jump to next level.

You might want to look at something like dd-wrt.com /openwrt.com and their info about firmware for routers then modify it to work with your files / unlock / open some files. They might even be able to give you more advise or ways to achieve what you are trying to do.

Hope this helps.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Re: what can i do next step?

Postby cx_star » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:00 pm

thanks MadRocker
now my problem is how to repair my phone's bootloader.
by Dopi's help, i successfully boot from tf and run my code, even have some leds and a simulation series 232 to print debug message.
now it can load 400K's program to execute, i think it is enough to do anything.
but i am failed at onenand's write. so i think to load the right bootlaoder and run, and then use it to fire the bootlader, but also failed. and now i have no idea what to do....
cx_star

Return to JetQi