max8906 charging driver

Kernel development related

Re: max8906 charging driver

Postby Thijs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm

vaclavpe wrote:Hi Dopi,

I disassembled my Jet and found that I am no physically able to solder wires to above mentioned resistors. They are too small for me. Furthermore all components are under some kind of protective finish.

So, I will be very glad if somebody here has more experience with phone repair, solders the wires and sniffs the I2C communication. For me it would be enough to have data like this:
Code: Select all
S(start) 0x78 0x61 ...etc... T(stop)

Vasek


Is it possible to just hold the measurement-tip on the right spot and turn the phone on? (And are we 100% sure yet that there's no other place where measurement is more easy?)

ps: The protective finish should be easy to remove by holding a soldering device on it for a second, isn't it?

Best regards - Thijs
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Advertisement

Re: max8906 charging driver

Postby MadRocker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Surely there is some software that can via usb cable do this as well.
If you can flash the phone via usb you should be able to get full access to the phone via usb.

Is any of the software for platform developers on ARM website useful for this "arm -> downloads -> resources"
Nanobox $229 is apparently used for s8000 phone repairs but this is same price as the a new unlocked s8000 phone.

There must be some detailed specs on the max8906 chip on the manufacturers website.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:15 am

Re: max8906 charging driver

Postby Dopi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 pm

Thijs wrote:Is it possible to just hold the measurement-tip on the right spot and turn the phone on? (And are we 100% sure yet that there's no other place where measurement is more easy?)

I checked this already. There are not ther parts or test points that are connected to this signal.

Thijs wrote:ps: The protective finish should be easy to remove by holding a soldering device on it for a second, isn't it?

Yes, maybe ... but do you want to try this ? ;)

MadRocker wrote:Surely there is some software that can via usb cable do this as well.
If you can flash the phone via usb you should be able to get full access to the phone via usb.

I think it is possible to flash the phone via the USB port but I don't think it is possible to snoop the PWR I2C bus the same way. It would be way to cool if that were possible ;)

MadRocker wrote:There must be some detailed specs on the max8906 chip on the manufacturers website.

Unfortunatly they don't publish the spec on their website. This PMU seems to have been developed for the S3C6410 platform. It is quite normal that the manufacturer makes the full spec only available to high volume customers. They don't want to be bothered with small customers that don't generate big sales.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm


Re: max8906 charging driver

Postby Dopi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 pm


Yes, I found that, too. Some information is new but still no datasheet. We need details about the internal function of the charger registers.

Cheers.
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Previous

Return to JetKernel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

  • Advertisement
cron