JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Kernel development related

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Byeranger » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I take back what i said, sorry to say but it runs terribly poor.. The booting takes way more time because i have to reconfigure GApps everytime I start Jetdroid? After skipping the configuration wizard (wich takes some time too) my phone restarts android? and again, it takes like 3/4 minutes..

Is it just because I might didn't install GApps correctly or does anyone else has any of these problems?
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Advertisement

       

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Jose_Paramore » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:24 pm

Byeranger wrote:I take back what i said, sorry to say but it runs terribly poor.. The booting takes way more time because i have to reconfigure GApps everytime I start Jetdroid? After skipping the configuration wizard (wich takes some time too) my phone restarts android? and again, it takes like 3/4 minutes..

Is it just because I might didn't install GApps correctly or does anyone else has any of these problems?

Hi, I think I have the same problem as you...
For me the boot time is ok, but after that, I have to wait 1 or 2 minutes on the lockscreen, because if I unlock it says "Sorry! Process system is not responding"
Another thing is the notification bar... try it. I can't open it properly. It takes lots of time...
And the system sometimes reboots too :?
I've asked Dopi about it, because he has got GApps too.
EDIT: if you spend 5 minutes or more on the lockscreen, then problems seems to disappear
Cheers
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
User avatar
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Spain

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Byeranger » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi, I think I have the same problem as you...
For me the boot time is ok, but after that, I have to wait 1 or 2 minutes on the lockscreen, because if I unlock it says "Sorry! Process system is not responding"
Another thing is the notification bar... try it. I can't open it properly. It takes lots of time...
And the system sometimes reboots too :?
I've asked Dopi about it, because he has got GApps too.
EDIT: if you spend 5 minutes or more on the lockscreen, then problems seems to disappear
Cheers
Jose[/quote]

OK, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the answer :D
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Dopi » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Byeranger wrote:I take back what i said, sorry to say but it runs terribly poor.. The booting takes way more time because i have to reconfigure GApps everytime I start Jetdroid? After skipping the configuration wizard (wich takes some time too) my phone restarts android? and again, it takes like 3/4 minutes..

Is it just because I might didn't install GApps correctly or does anyone else has any of these problems?


Did you just change the kernel and did you run 0.3pre2 before? To me this sounds like a system related problem. Especially as the kernel change between 0.3pre2 and 0.3pre3 is only very small.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby lolchris » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Jose_Paramore wrote:The system is running as smooth as the JetDroid 0.3 pre 2, the 0.3 pre 1 or even the 0.2 (for me of course :D )
Cheers
Jose

did you try the 0.3 version? it doesn't work for me, if u can tell me, i'm chris4tich on taringa :mrgreen:
lolchris
Freshman
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 pm

lolchris wrote:
Jose_Paramore wrote:The system is running as smooth as the JetDroid 0.3 pre 2, the 0.3 pre 1 or even the 0.2 (for me of course :D )
Cheers
Jose

did you try the 0.3 version? it doesn't work for me, if u can tell me, i'm chris4tich on taringa :mrgreen:

Hi,
I don't know what are you doing wrong :D , but I tell you again: you have to install a clean JetDroid 0.2 (like the first time). If you want, turn off the phone and run it into JetDroid 0.2, when you are sure it works, turn off JetDroid 0.2 and then copy first the 0.3 pre 1 release, after that copy the 0.3 pre 2, after that the final version of wifi, and finally de 0.3 pre 3 (I think you only have to do the two final steps, but let's try with this)
Then set permissions again and run the phone into JetDroid!
Good luck! ;)
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
User avatar
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Spain

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Eraiskio. » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

So, how is it devteam, is the whole Jetdroid 0.3 version coming out this year or will it go to the beginning of 2011? Havent yet installed jetdroid at all and I'd prefer start testing with full release version and not just test versions. My fingers are itching to test Jetdroid finally :D

Cheers
Erq.
Eraiskio.
Freshman
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Finland

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Byeranger » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:38 pm

I don't get your point, if you want to test, why don't you just start right away and be a little experimental :D?
It won't hurt anyone !
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:41 pm

Byeranger wrote:I don't get your point, if you want to test, why don't you just start right away and be a little experimental :D?
It won't hurt anyone !

He thinks that the 0.3 will be the final version with all features ;)
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
User avatar
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 312
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: Spain

Re: JetKernel 0.3pre3 (pre)release

Postby squidink14 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:54 pm

I don't seem to be having any problems. I can unlock straight away without any errors.
The only problem I did have was the browser not working but it seems to have fixed itself now.
Everything is working fine :D
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
User avatar
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:33 pm
Location: Wales, UK

PreviousNext

Return to JetKernel

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement
cron