New Devl. test kernel

Kernel development related

New Devl. test kernel

Postby MadRocker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 am

Dopi / others that can work with wifi in kernel / bluetooth and a few other fixes please feel free to play with this kernel's / test it. Don't expect too much from this yet.

All of them boots fine and works nice and fast avg 58 secs to 68 secs boot times then you are playing with settings / on the web etc.
Please note even though some bluetooth / other features drivers is added it might not be completely functioning as it should as i2c, power management and gpio seems to be seriously full of issues and excluded dew to failed builds until I get to that problem areas.
Wifi inbuilt in kernel so might work by removing dhd.ko file and test.

diff .config .config.old to get changes . After " 3- " I had to start over again.

8mb pack.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXJ6Q7AK

Thanks for the help / feedback.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: New Devl. test kernel

Postby Dopi » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Hi MadRocker,

thanks for providing the kernels for testing. I also had the idea to start with a less formal area for testing. So, you made the start. :D

MadRocker wrote:Please note even though some bluetooth / other features drivers is added it might not be completely functioning as it should as i2c, power management and gpio seems to be seriously full of issues and excluded dew to failed builds until I get to that problem areas.

Did you test bluetooth? Any response from it?

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Does it mean that you are getting able to enable bluetooth and power management?
That's nice :D
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:26 am

Jose = yup we are getting closer but still long way off.

Dopi very basic testing.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Also in Ginger devl updated post.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCR5LUU0
Code: Select all
File name: 23Jan2011-Kernel-MadRocker.tar.gz
File description: RTC 2.6.29
File size: 1.94 MB

RTC kernel:
experimental dopi 2.6.29
1. Seems to work fine in Jet-Froyo, 15mins uptime and no problem. Normal 1sec in phone status = 1sec in reality. :D
2. There might be more easter eggs possibly gpio pmic i2c related.
3. gp2a and ak89** gps has bugs in the .c file so excluded what was problematic.
4. .config used to build this kernel, needs some changes to make the modules. Did not get to this yet.
5. Phone is set to performance only speed (minm/max 800mhz).
6. This .config might get us past the 2.6.29/30 barrier.
7. Based on "MeatKernel" after trying to change the working then fails to get past 800x 480y + wrong screen SlapKernel. Could not yet find a SlapKernel config to do the same with our their sources.
Might be able to do the same with other booting then fails on screen resl. spica / CM kernels.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:19 pm

MadRocker wrote:RTC kernel:
experimental dopi 2.6.29
1. Seems to work fine in Jet-Froyo, 15mins uptime and no problem. Normal 1sec in phone status = 1sec in reality. :D

That is great news. What did you change? Can you send me a source patch or commit this change to the kernel repo?

MadRocker wrote:5. Phone is set to performance only speed (minm/max 800mhz).

I don't recommend doing that. On a rooted phone you can do that with tools like SetCPU at ease. Hardcoding this into the kernel is .... mmmh ... nasty ;)

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:10 am

See ginger RTC kernel or Eclair speedtest kernel only used a modded MeatKernel as this was the only way to get past this.

Cpu speed see RTC topic in Dev " linux/arch/arm/plat-s3c/pm.c " code bug.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to JetKernel