Need help with kernel.

Kernel development related

Need help with kernel.

Postby MadRocker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Okay we are stuck using kernel 2.6.29 dew to some major changes done in later kernel versions.

Building the 2.6.3* kernel is fine with 1 error or when this is adjusted in menconfig it builds prefect but has issues booting the 2.6.37, I presume it is some power or DMA something causing this hang and if we can find this problem we can get lots of sensors / other parts to function properly.

Also old x86 versus new x86 changed a lot like zImage in arch/x86/Kconfig changed / removed and lots of other changes.

Attached is a copy of our 2.6.29 related to the s3c6410 processor we have and a copy of kernel 2.6.37 ck-sources s3c6410 related files / folders in a zip file.

If someone that is brave can compare the 2 config files + mach + platform files and find out where the stuff we need has moved too it would be greatly appreciated. We would likely then have to create a new defconfig file for newer kernels.

PS. both 6400 and 6410 folders is bundled into one 64xx folder in newer kernels. Platform changed from s3c to samsung

If we can cheat using a x86 stable 32bit source build livecd 2.6.29 .ko files and make them work or other kernel / module related files let me know and I can upload them. ( cdc.ko )

All help / advise appreciated.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X4LPK4BI
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Need help with kernel.

Postby Mericon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 pm

I think i can compare the config tomorrow :) I let you now

// edit sorry i cant compare because i´ve got to much work :( i think i can´t try to help in the next few weeks
Mericon
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:15 pm

EDIT:
1. We should continue using what works for now = 2.6.29 experimental.
2. To make the 2.6.3* kernel work we will need a fix for the machine record error below.
3. 2.6.3* Has much less code bugs = fixed already = saves time for other important tasks.
4. Later much much later once this machine record error is fixed we can use the newer kernels = lots more and better working drivers.

2.6.36 jet_android_defconfig
Code: Select all
rm-eabi-ld: error: no machine record defined
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

Bugs in 2.6.29:
scripts/basic/fixdep.c
scripts/mod/modpost.c
scripts/ihex2fw.c
scripts/kallsyms.c
arch/arm/mm/mmu.c
arch/arm/mach-s3c6410/sec_headset.c
arch/arm/plat-s3c64xx/clock.c
arch/arm/plat-s3c64xx/pm.c
kernel/power/main.c
kernel/power/wakelock.c
kernel/module.c
fs/fat/dir.c
include/linux/kobject.h
fs/partitions/check.c
drivers/i2c/chips/max8698.c
drivers/i2c/chips/max8906.c
drivers/i2c/chips/akm8976.c
drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c
drivers/cpufreq/cpufreq_stats.c
drivers/char/s3c_mem.c
drivers/char/keyboard.c

Can anyone help to fix this machine record error ?

CDC:
BenDroid made a fix Wifi FE8 adapted for CM6 alpha8.2.zip and this specific for gingerbread and contains wifi.conf , libwpa_client.so , rtecdc.bin , rtecdc_mfg.bin and we might be able to get this working on Froyo and Eclair.
File name: Wifi FE8 adapted for CM6 alpha8.2.zip
File description: CDC samsung files
File size: 339.47 KB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VM6ZGAR8
Last edited by MadRocker on Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:31 pm

MadRocker wrote:If anyone can help out with these it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi MadRocker, sorry, I must admit that I don't clearly understand what you were trying to say. Should we move away from the 2.6.29 kernel, to 2.6.36? Do you have a 2.6.36 kernel running on the Jet already?

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to JetKernel