JetPlatform 0.3 release planning

Android system development related discussion

JetPlatform 0.3 release planning

Postby Dopi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi all,

let's discuss what should be included in our next platform release

The following features are already available/fixed in the JetPlatfrom source repository.
  • right DPI setting for display
  • corrected keymap

Currently the following features are in the works
  • Mass storage support
  • Wifi support
  • Sensor support (anyone working on this already?)

Should we wait for Wifi and completed mass storage support?

Cheers,
Dopi

EDIT:
One last addition: If I missed one feature / fix please report it here. I must admit that I have lost track of all fixes and additions to the platforum that are around. As I am possibly not the only one with this impression it may be the right time for all busy JetDroid modders and patchers to come forward with our modifications and help including them in the next release :D
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetPlatform 0.3 release planning

Postby Rcfreak07 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 pm

Are there some perfomance updates in the Android interface? For Example with JetKernel 0.3pre3 i already have the problem that i cant scroll through widget list or it is not displayed/visible that it is scrolling.

I think we should wait for WiFi and Mass storage fully working, because these are the major features for 0.3.
Rcfreak07

Postby Dopi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Rcfreak07 wrote:Are there some perfomance updates in the Android interface? For Example with JetKernel 0.3pre3 i already have the problem that i cant scroll through widget list or it is not displayed/visible that it is scrolling.

I think this is a bug in the JetPlatform. It is most probably not related to the kernel. So far I don't have any idea how to fix it (other than changing our source base e.g. to Samdroid or CyanogenMOD - bu that is maybe a topic for the next release after the coming one).

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Hm okay... So for me it is impossible to use my new installed widgets :D
Rcfreak07

Postby Dopi » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:48 pm

Rcfreak07 wrote:Hm okay... So for me it is impossible to use my new installed widgets :D

I think there is a way to use them. You just have to navigate through the invisible menu blindly ;) No, honestly, I have the same problem and we need to work on finding out how this can be fixed.

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm

Dopi wrote:No, honestly, I have the same problem and we need to work on finding out how this can be fixed.

Al right. i newer want to put you under pressure. We all give you enough time to work as perfetct as you can ;)
Rcfreak07

Postby John1600 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:22 pm

Hi people

Maybe this is just related to the graphical driver as we can't use the standby-mode, the scrolling menu's are also in a darker background as normal. when we will have a fully working driver it will maybe solve this problem.

Cheers
John
John1600
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 am

John1600 wrote:Maybe this is just related to the graphical driver as we can't use the standby-mode, the scrolling menu's are also in a darker background as normal. when we will have a fully working driver it will maybe solve this problem.

I am also hoping it will work like this. If the problem remains after we have 2D accelleration enabled we need to go after this again.

But back to the original topic. What should we include in the next Platform release? Who can help providing patches for mass storage and wifi?

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby KB_JetDroid » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Dopi,
Sorry I didn't get a chance to reply you or PM you.
I am currently at work. I am facing an issue in network connectivity at home. Hence couldn'd send you the patch or binaries.

I will provide you the patch for both mass storage and wifi as I fill they are working and stable .

For mass storage only one make file needs to be updated and one file to be added. No change in code.

For wifi, I have around 5/6 files which I have modified. But most of the modifications are for stubbing the errors and debugging. Let me just cleanup the code and I will provide the patch.
Also as I mentioned in my other post, I have a proper working code which even auto loads the module when wifi is turned on and unloads when turned off.

So the moral of the story is we will have mass storage and wifi in Jet platform release and I will provide you the patch.

Once again sorry if I have created any confusion.

Let me know if you need any more information.

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:15 pm

KB_JetDroid wrote:I am currently at work. I am facing an issue in network connectivity at home. Hence couldn'd send you the patch or binaries.

No problem. Take your time ;-) I just wanted to make sure that the patches are not fogotten ...

KB_JetDroid wrote:So the moral of the story is we will have mass storage and wifi in Jet platform release and I will provide you the patch.

I think this would qualify the next release for close to heaven on earth :D

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Next

Return to JetPlatform