Re: JetPlatform 0.3 release planning

Postby Thijs » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Dopi wrote:Hi all,
  • right DPI setting for display
  • corrected keymap

Currently the following features are in the works
  • Mass storage support
  • Wifi support
  • Sensor support (anyone working on this already?)

Maybe we can add :
- Set screen timeout default to 30 minutes
- system/etc/vold.conf for USB
- system/app/ASTRO Filemanager.apk

Best regards - Thijs
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby minomarimat » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 am

there's a JetPlatform 0.2 already? is it the same thing to be downloaded from the link in the Installation Guide 1.2?
startin' to love the Jet again. <3
minomarimat

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:28 am

That would be the 100624 build which I think is the one I use. I have both that and the 100725 downloaded so if its wrong I can definitely change it. They both should work though.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kaesar » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:54 am

Thijs wrote:
Dopi wrote:Hi all,
  • right DPI setting for display
  • corrected keymap

Currently the following features are in the works
  • Mass storage support
  • Wifi support
  • Sensor support (anyone working on this already?)

Maybe we can add :
- Set screen timeout default to 30 minutes
- system/etc/vold.conf for USB
- system/app/ASTRO Filemanager.apk

Best regards - Thijs

Hi All,

Maybe some of these additionals should make it.

- Have /boot/append-jet with current calibration included in platform by default.

- Disable play-mp3, recovery-install in init.rc (just comment them out)

- Do not put non-system default apps in /system/app, they should go in /data/app. Secondly astro is pretty rubbish, root explorer is far better. Which leads me on to the fact I don't like the idea of pre-installed apps as people will start requesting them, e.g LauncherPro installed as default, then someone will argue ADW is better. It just seems a bad route to go down, we should stick with the default android apps and gapps installer.

However if people want to make their own 'roms' (versions) at a later date with preinstalled apps, themes, sounds then by all means, but we should keep the base install 'pure'.

- Set screen timeout default to 30 minutes - I don't think this is possible because it gets written to the /data directory and we really don't want to be including that in the release as it stores user settings and is generated upon first boot. Think people are just going to have to live which changing it manually once on install. Soon as the screen timeout issue is fixed it will be a non-issue anyway.

Think I also made an amendment to build.prop but I can't remember exactly what it was(other than screen density). I'd need to compare the default one with mine to find out. Might of been some kind of device I.D

Edit: Found it, I changed 'ro.product.board=GT-I5700' in /system/build.prop. No biggie but I noticed it while I was checking some stuff out.

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:51 am

Hi Kaesar,

what should I add to this you said it already ;)

Kaesar wrote:Maybe some of these additionals should make it.

- Have /boot/append-jet with current calibration included in platform by default.

- Disable play-mp3, recovery-install in init.rc (just comment them out)

Should all be no problem.

Kaesar wrote:- Do not put non-system default apps in /system/app, they should go in /data/app. Secondly astro is pretty rubbish, root explorer is far better. Which leads me on to the fact I don't like the idea of pre-installed apps as people will start requesting them, e.g LauncherPro installed as default, then someone will argue ADW is better. It just seems a bad route to go down, we should stick with the default android apps and gapps installer.

I don't want to go into detail with Astro FM. It is in my opinion not an option as it is closed source. Thus we can't distribute it.

Kaesar wrote:However if people want to make their own 'roms' (versions) at a later date with preinstalled apps, themes, sounds then by all means, but we should keep the base install 'pure'.

I agree with that. There should be a clean JetDroid base that other (custom) ROMs can build on. We could also provide easy install packages for other apps ... The only dangerous part is if custom ROMs start improving the system and don't publish their sources. This is somehow against the idea of open source ...

Kaesar wrote:- Set screen timeout default to 30 minutes - I don't think this is possible because it gets written to the /data directory and we really don't want to be including that in the release as it stores user settings and is generated upon first boot. Think people are just going to have to live which changing it manually once on install. Soon as the screen timeout issue is fixed it will be a non-issue anyway.

I think the 30min setting is more a work-around than a real fix. I currently work on providing a real screen standby mode support in the kernel. I hope it is available soon but this is nothing to be fixed in the Platform ;-)

Cheers
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Thijs » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:40 am

Hi all,

Okay, so now we've got a pretty good idea what we like to have in the next release.

What actions are needed to get that new release out?

best regards - Thijs
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby imatheussm » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi, guys, Imatheussm in the area.

What is happening on my phone is that it seems the 800MHz processor seems to be working well ... or is the "video card" phone that're not working as it should ... what I know is that the system is very unstable in version 0.3 (I do not know the 0.2 because I never tested it) ... would be nicer if the main focus would be on usability. Less bugs, more speed. This would make a real JetDroid...

You are doing a great job, but what good I have USB and wifi is not the system I can start to enjoy these functions?

Thanks,

~Imatheussm

PS. Yes, I speak Portuguese and I'm using the google translator.

PSS.: You can notice the difference in the syntax of English?
imatheussm

Postby Byeranger » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm

imatheussm wrote:Hi, guys, Imatheussm in the area.
... would be nicer if the main focus would be on usability. Less bugs, more speed. This would make a real JetDroid...

Just be patient, everything will come in time :D. At the moment the developers are busy with some more important things, like making the screen to properly turn off when we press the lock button and configuring the battery charge function :)
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby costiscon » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:43 pm

Hi Dopi, ;)

I would like to know if there are news about the screen timeout problem...
Could you make a post and update it with the progress you make on this issue?

Thanks,
Costis
costiscon
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Thijs wrote:What actions are needed to get that new release out?

I got the patch to enable Wifi and Mass storage from KB. Currently I am trying to apply it to the platform sources and build a Platform release for testing.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform