Some updates files for Jet-Droid

Android system development related discussion

Some updates files for Jet-Droid

Postby MadRocker » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:11 pm

I have updated a few files that needs to be tested / verified / modified for the Froyo Ginger + kernel.

Content:
1. init.rc for both froyo and ginger = 99% the same and working against our sdk versions, includes some wifi updates from wifi_working Nov 2010 patch, wifi not functioning yet.

Diffs between updated froyo + ginger init.rc = ginger has yaffs entry's froyo not added yet, other changes marked with #### madrocker #### for easy identification in froyo init.rc, remove once confirmed = good or not. Used current Jet-Froyo init.rc as base. CAn check these against default Jet-Froyo / Jet-Ginger values.

Memory thresholds is different in ginger / froyo and might be able to get more performance from this in future.

2. Kernel -> pmem.c and android_pmem.h updated from spica OPENGL_last.rar for easier use with "gles6410-read-only, http://code.google.com/p/gles6410/ " . Not tested yet.

I am busy playing with gles6410-read-only and trying to get this into the kernel 2.6.29 experimental dopi to see if we can make this work.

NB. I am not a expert on any of this.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35I8VOXG
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Some updates files for Jet-Droid

Postby Dopi » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:30 am

Hi MadRocker,

now I see your patched pmem.c and android_pmem.h. Thanks for sending it. I will apply it and test. Can you please try to attach small files (<1MB) directly to your post. I am very often having difficulties accessing sites like MegaUpload.

Cheers
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Kaesar » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:15 pm

MadRocker wrote:Diffs between updated froyo + ginger init.rc = ginger has yaffs entry's froyo not added yet,

Hi Mad,

Don't quite understand what you mean here, are you going to add the yaffs entry to the froyo init.rc? If so then this doesn't need to be done as yaffs is a (rather crappy) filesystem that we don't/won't be using and therefore it should be removed from the init.rc's imo.

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:33 pm

Diffs between updated froyo + ginger init.rc = ginger has yaffs entry's froyo not added yet,

The difference between those versions = ginger has #yaffs entry, Froyo has no entry for anything yaffs otherwise content = same.

Sry this files is 10 version behind / obsolete long time already. The *pmem.c files might still be useful for the kernel.

Yaffs = correct yaffs is not important, back when I posted this I was trying to completely have all mem card / internal mem partitions mounted and thought we might need yaffs for some reason.

The idea was to make a generic init.rc and if needed for other version we can just add a few lines of code.
This might make it easier to add new changes thru all Jet versions, make 1 fix, apply in many versions.

I have had good success with 1x init.rc I use in Jet (2.1 + pre0.3 + froyo + ginger) and added wifi and froyo mount changes + a lot more like bluetooth / camera ect ect. Work in progress.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:15 pm

MadRocker wrote:Sry this files is 10 version behind / obsolete long time already. The *pmem.c files might still be useful for the kernel.

Sorry, I still don't understand what changes you made to the *pmem.c files. Can you explain this some more?

MadRocker wrote:Yaffs = correct yaffs is not important, back when I posted this I was trying to completely have all mem card / internal mem partitions mounted and thought we might need yaffs for some reason.

Are you sure we need yaffs for anything? My understanding is that a flash filesystem (like yaffs) would be required if you create a partition in bare flash memory in order to protect it agains failures and wear out effects. As we have an ext (or fat) partition on an SD-card this countermeasures are already taken care by the SD-card internal logic. Thus yaffs on an SD-card would not make any sense.

To my understanding we would need yaffs If we start using the phones internal NAND flash memory. As this would destroy the current Samsung OS I don't consider this. I also don't think this is necessary as we still have another internal memory: our internal SD-card.. It is currently not yet supported but as it is an SD-card it also won't need yaffs.

MadRocker wrote:The idea was to make a generic init.rc and if needed for other version we can just add a few lines of code.
This might make it easier to add new changes thru all Jet versions, make 1 fix, apply in many versions.

I have had good success with 1x init.rc I use in Jet (2.1 + pre0.3 + froyo + ginger) and added wifi and froyo mount changes + a lot more like bluetooth / camera ect ect. Work in progress.

A general init.rc that can be used for 2.x platforns and contains modifications that are Jet specific is a good idea. Please keep us updated on your progess.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to JetPlatform