Updated Android Vendor files for Froyo / Ginger

Android system development related discussion

Updated Android Vendor files for Froyo / Ginger

Postby MadRocker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:19 am

I have updated the android vendor files for S8000 from Dopi github files + added a few more files to be in line with Ginger / Froyo needs.

Added system.prop that will result in extra options in build.prop file and in this is gprs gsm and other needed info I got from my 2x HTC mytouch 4G phones. Info needs more specific S8000 updating.

LCD set to 200 as this is easier on platform until we get the video drivers from 3fps to 46fps like in Spica.
Added qwerty.kl , need info for .kcm if needed, see readme file.

Not a expert, so this will need some work and up for review. When more correct Dopi could add it to his platform vendor files. http://code.google.com/p/mad-rocker-s8000/downloads/list

I needed a break from kernels so working on the M910 vendor files conversion for S8000.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Updated Android Vendor files for Froyo / Ginger

Postby MadRocker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:46 am

On github is the modified almost complete for Ginger and maybe for Froyo vendor files, the vendor in Ginger is like the example below where in Eclair it is in another folder, this files might work with Eclair, have not tested any of them yet.

Eclair:
Code: Select all
~/JetDroid/android/vendor/sec/s8000

Ginger:
Code: Select all
~/JetDroid/android/device/samsung/s8000

You might be looking at avg 80mins Android build time + get it on the phone and testing time.

PS> had to rename from ..../GT-S8000 to ...../s8000 and s8000 name for other file names / in file commands to work with C, GT-S confuses C or something and might cause sensors.GT-S8000.so to not load properly and same for /system/build.prop names.

We will have to test and verify this naming changes ect.

Have fun testing.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to JetPlatform