Failed to set wallpaper

Wallpapers for your phone and your desktop

Failed to set wallpaper

Postby Rcfreak07 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:51 pm

hey guys...

i got a problem with setting an other wallpaper. Im using ADW EX Launcher and when I try to click "save" when i will set the wallpaper in the gallery, the gallery is forced to close and there are no changes to set the wallpaper.

Are there any other opportunities to set the wallpaper or got anyone a solution for that problem?

Thanks
Rcfreak07

Advertisement

Re: Failed to set wallpaper

Postby Dopi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Rcfreak07 wrote:i got a problem with setting an other wallpaper. Im using ADW EX Launcher and when I try to click "save" when i will set the wallpaper in the gallery, the gallery is forced to close and there are no changes to set the wallpaper.

I take this as an error in the Gallery program. Which Platform version do you use?

Rcfreak07 wrote:Are there any other opportunities to set the wallpaper or got anyone a solution for that problem?

Good question. I think you install another .apk that allows selection of images, then you may be asked which app you would like to choose for selecting an image. Thus you could work around the non-functional gallery.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Dopi wrote:I take this as an error in the Gallery program. Which Platform version do you use?

Im using 0.3pre3 with installed GApps. There is a newer version of the gallery than without GApps. In my first tries in JetDroid i was able to change the wallpaper because there was the version with no 3D gallery.

At first I try to find an other media browser. I will give you a feedback.
Rcfreak07

Postby kiddikai » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Rcfreak07 wrote:I will give you a feedback.

I'm looking forward to this.
kiddikai
Freshman

Postby Daenja » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Try to boot the phone and then change the wallpaper
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I found an app called "backgrounds" (freeware) on the market. With this app i can choose from loads of nice wallpapers and directly set them as homescreen. For me it works and the wallpapers are better than my own ones :D
Rcfreak07

Return to Wallpapers