JetDroid Support App

Discussions about Android apps, your favorite or most hated. Voice your opinion here.

JetDroid Support App

Postby Keiran » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 am

All that kernel stuff got my head spinning a bit, need to study them and learn a bit before I attempt anything with that.

So I decided to do a little programming in Java with the Eclipse Java EE IDE for Developers. With this I managed to make an app that opens a specific URL. I got it to open the default browser and get the url http://jetdroid.org.

I have only one problem with it, once you open it the app gets the default browser to go to the site, but the app stays opened and it only does the process on opening. To solve this I am going to try and get it to get the URL then exit the app.

Any suggestions?

I thought it might be a good idea so that people looking for support can find it easily, maybe it could be included in the next build.

Regards,

Keiran

PS: will upload when I fixed the bug :)
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetDroid Support App

Postby sploutch » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Create just a widget, no ?
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Keiran wrote:I thought it might be a good idea so that people looking for support can find it easily, maybe it could be included in the next build.

I agree. That is a good idea. I just don't have any idea how to fix your bug ....

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Keiran » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Dopi wrote:
Keiran wrote:I thought it might be a good idea so that people looking for support can find it easily, maybe it could be included in the next build.

I agree. That is a good idea. I just don't have any idea how to fix your bug ....

Cheers,
Dopi

Hey Dopi!
I managed to fix this bug, the attachmeny below should work.
Regards,
Keiran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keiran
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:01 pm

Keiran wrote:I managed to fix this bug, the attachmeny below should work.

Good to hear that. I will test!

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby huryepwl » Thu May 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Works like charm! Sweet :)
huryepwl
Freshman

Return to Android Apps