JetDroid JetKernel / alt kernel newby guide. - discussion

General discussion and feedback on development topics

JetDroid JetKernel / alt kernel newby guide. - discussion

Postby Dopi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Please use this thread to discuss about the "JetDroid JetKernel / alt kernel newby guide." by MadRocker.
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetDroid JetKernel / alt kernel newby guide. - discussio

Postby Qnoiz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks a lot MadRocker !!!
That's exactly what i needed... 8-)

Cheers,
Qnoiz
Qnoiz

Postby ny2lond » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi guys...
don't know if this is the wright place to post this but.... i have an idea...
all samsung phones use the touch wiz "OS", ANdroid and bada ones too... Wouldn't it be easier to merge them?
it's like... ANdroid is the base software and is using touch wiz to do all the complicated work(3d enabling, display timeout, calls, wifi etc) but it takes control in application engines and all other Android'ish stuff...

dual boot options for example would also be easier: it's like using XP on a Mac at the same time(2 things in one)

(it's a crazy idea... i study Journalism, so yeah, call me stupid, but i have no proper baseline for programing stuff)
ny2lond
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:25 am

We already dual boot so when the phone start you can either go to Samsung TouchWiz normal or JetDroid only diffs is you have to use the buttons instead of a grub boot menu.

We can not really mix them even though TouchWiz might be some modified linux something the 2 won't mix that well.

As for the guide still working on newer kernels fixes but might be some time so unless very lucky stick to kernel 2.6.29 JetKernel for the time being for best results.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby ny2lond » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:25 am

MadRocker wrote:We can not really mix them even though TouchWiz might be some modified linux something the 2 won't mix that well.

So it was a crazy idea after all :lol: :oops:
still, i wonder how on earth did the guys at samsung manage to merge them, 'cause i bet, if u take o Galaxy S for example, and strip Android off it, it will still work with a boot-able version of it's TouchWiz :?
ny2lond
Freshman

Postby HenriA » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 am

No it won't. It is like a homescreen replacement. Just a skin above android. Like windows, if you run XP, you got a nice blue bar, but under it all, is just the same as windows 2000. HTC does the same with sense, they put it on the phones to differ from other company's.

Just like newspapers, they spread news, all the same messages, but the words on paper are different, it is like that.
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:29 am

joopykoopy wrote:No it won't. It is like a homescreen replacement. Just a skin above android. Like windows, if you run XP, you got a nice blue bar, but under it all, is just the same as windows 2000. HTC does the same with sense, they put it on the phones to differ from other company's.

Just like newspapers, they spread news, all the same messages, but the words on paper are different, it is like that.

Exacty, but it's true too that without skins Android runs much better on any device. One clear example is the Nexus S, that uses pure Android and it has no lags.
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby HenriA » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:35 am

i think ny2lond ment that the touch-wizz OS is native on the galaxy S, that if you would remove android, touch-wizz would remain.

and i like the stock android skin mostly, only the sense interface is something i would love :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:37 am

joopykoopy wrote:i think ny2lond ment that the touch-wizz OS is native on the galaxy S, that if you would remove android, touch-wizz would remain.

and i like the stock android skin mostly, only the sense interface is something i would love :)

it's the same for me ;) , exceptly sense I hate all the skins, included Galaxy S one :lol:
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby HenriA » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:44 am

well, maybe we could rip sense out of the HTC androids? :twisted:
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Development Discussion / Feedback