Past 2.6.3* kernel arm.com patches + resources

General discussion and feedback on development topics

Past 2.6.3* kernel arm.com patches + resources

Postby MadRocker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 am

I found this interesting pages just now with patches for ARM and 2.6.35 kernel.
http://www.arm.com/community/software-e ... /linux.php

Their android pages with android arm patch for vanilla 2.6.35:
http://www.arm.com/community/software-e ... ab=Android

http://www.arm.com/community/software-e ... /index.php

Wow I could swear this pages was not there a month ago. :oops:

PS> the s3c6410 has ac97 sound onboard so should be easy enough to get the sound working and the rtc timer has this clock maybe we can mod the rtc to call on this ?? constant ?? clock for time calc.

Code: Select all
Real Time Clock
Full clock features: sec, min, hour, date, day,
week, month, year
32.768 KHz operation
Alarm interrupt
Time-tick interrup

http://www.scribd.com/doc/35539854/S3C6 ... ical-Brief
Page 7
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Past 2.6.3* kernel arm.com patches + resources

Postby Dopi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:59 pm

MadRocker wrote:PS> the s3c6410 has ac97 sound onboard so should be easy enough to get the sound working and the rtc timer has this clock maybe we can mod the rtc to call on this ?? constant ?? clock for time calc.

The Jet does not use the S3C internal RTC. It uses the RTC inside the PMU. I have the feeling that the problem with the time running too fast can be solved by digging into the kernal timing internals. Maybe the voltage / frequency switching does not properly set up some devider or we have another base frequency than the other phone models.

AC97 sound is very likely not used. The Jet seems to use the (internal) PCM and I2S audio outputs. These should not give us headaches. The problem is audio routing, enabling the amp inside the PMU and the audio codec (I2S DAC). They are different from all other Samsung Android phones ...

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Dopi wrote:The Jet does not use the S3C internal RTC. It uses the RTC inside the PMU. I have the feeling that the problem with the time running too fast can be solved by digging into the kernal timing internals. Maybe the voltage / frequency switching does not properly set up some devider or we have another base frequency than the other phone models.

Cheers,
Dopi

I though the issue with false time is fixed :D Some time ago I had a kernel with a working clock. There were no too fast time in my JetDroid. I think it was a froyo kernel by MadRocker or KB, don´t even know.
Rcfreak07

Postby MadRocker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi RC, no it was not fixed only cheat to make it run good.

RTC:
IE: the cpu was running at full speed so the clock runs in a good mode that counts this 800mhz cpu speed, 1sec = 1sec real world time is the result.

The recent kernels has cpu governing active to safe power so if it runs at the start up or quadrant.apk test speed = 800mhz = 1sec = 1sec.
When it sees the load is less and switches to 400mhz then the clock goes into double time or 1sec real world = 2 or 3 secs phone time or something.

Kernel:
If we can get the 2.6.3* kernel sorted out and converted from M910 to S8000 / Jet then we can get the rtc drivers in any of the 2.6.29.6 to current 2.6.38-rc** and not limited to old bugs in the code.

Things that needs to be done = mach file from M910 and make files needs to get our hardware not the M910 hardware and once this is complete we need to find the last few drivers not working + patch and or fix if no patch is available and we have a working kernel / working phone.

We will need all the help we can get on this, waiting for tom3q so we can link up with his sources + a few other guys as well.

Let me know who needs write access to github to help with any files / fixes.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:38 am

The camera is a bit of a issue as there is rule to make them.

*** No rule to make target `drivers/media/s3c6410/camera/samsung/3xa_sensor.o', needed by `drivers/media/s3c6410/camera/samsung/built-in.o'. Stop.

Kernel/drivers/media/s3c6410/camera/samsung/Kconfig:
Code: Select all
config VIDEO_SAMSUNG
   tristate "S3C SMDK CAMERA support"
   depends on I2C && VIDEO_V4L2
   default y
   help
     TBA

comment "Select CIS module type"
   depends on VIDEO_SAMSUNG

config VIDEO_APTINA_MT9P012
   tristate "MT9P012 (Aptina 5.0M CIS module, 2592x1944)"