asking samsung for help in development

General discussion and feedback on development topics

Re: asking samsung for help in development

Postby Daenja » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:51 am

I believe the only way to get support from Samsung is by asking for files we don't have. They don't have resources to help us in development. We should make a list of files we need and then contact Samsung and ask for these specific files. This is the only way to get some out of Samsung because it's quite easy for them to give that information. Though I doubt they will give us anything (what would they benefit from giving us anything?).

What Samsung really wants is us to get rid of Jét and buy Galaxy S II

So we should gather up a list of files we need:

Datasheets:
MAX8906
Max9880

etc,
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:47 am

It's good like that yes!
And some Samsung ROMs EX: Moment and epic have good files which is for Jét?
but them maybe needs editing?
If Samsung can make zImage with Right Audio and Mic-IN text..?
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Kreekhoorn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:42 am

You probably won't get much information from samsung.
I bet they already have an Android and/or a Bada rom for the Samsung Jet.
the only reason they won't make it public is, because then a lot people won't buy an samsung galaxy gio/ace or a samsung wave.
But you can always try it, you've got nothing to lose and you can only win :)

Cheers,
Kreekhoorn
Kreekhoorn
Freshman

Postby thom_anderson » Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:11 pm

Sent two emails to two different Samsung websites, UK and Asutralia, about help for our project. Let's see if they turn two different answers... :lol:
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:21 am

Not sure how other people buy phones but I go for specs pure and simple, then look at type bar or slider others designs not interested and finally price, Os well yeah that eventually as last option.

So if Samsung uses that argument then well they lost me already as a customer. Maybe also the other 150k people that bought the Jet because of specs and price.

What sold this for me was camera 5mp, cpu speed, memory and what ever else the phone has, same reason I have 2x mytouch 4g as they where the best of the garbage out there and there was nothing better from t-mobile (limitation on choice of cell provider).

O well with or without Samsung help this is a 2+ year old phone and if there is something similar spec'd or better then it is maybe time to move on and keep the jet as a hobby or something. I just looked as a dual core 800mhz 10" touchpad for usd$77 + shipping, even for normal $127 to would still be a bargain and if I need android then that is maybe a better option or one of the same priced android phones with inbuilt tv 4g wimax ect. from China.

Best phone I had so far was the samsung j700, it has fallen and has been thrown against walls by others and still works, bit old Os but does what it is supposed to = be a phone and mp3 player not a gimmick.

Well lets see there is maybe more phones that would come from Samsung that uses the s3c6410 and I see they updated the s3c6410 in the latest mainstream kernels so who knows.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby thom_anderson » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:41 am

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

Regarding your case, I kindly ask you to contact our head office and they will be able to help you.
Contact Information for Samsung ELEC. UK Head Office
Company: Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd
Address: Samsung House
1000, Hills wood Drive
Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS

Tel: 01932 455 000

came to email from UK website... :(
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Morat » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:49 pm

I'd be more than happy to start up a discussion with the relevant people regarding development.

If somebody could supply me with any info on who they've contacted already and what was asked I can start to make inroads to finding the right sort of contacts who may be able/and/or/willing to help us.

I will post details on outgoing/incoming information and will closely follow the discussion to enable me to formulate further mailings etc.

Just let me know if you'd like me to do this
(personally I'd enjoy it as I sit at home most days "looking" for something to do and have decent enough communication skills, maybe just lacking on hard info on what questions we need answered)

I'll start making enquieries this week and will post any answers I recieve.
Morat
Freshman

Postby Morat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:16 pm

I have had a similar response when requesting information on who might be able to assist.

Am in the process of writing a letter to head office and I'll also make a call tomorrow and see what's to be found out :)
Morat
Freshman

Postby Morat » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm

Ok I've spoken with Samsung head office. never got very far on first try except to leave a voicemail for the PR Section.

I've also to try speaking with their manufacturing section, thats for call 2 i guess ..

I'll keep pestering them untill I manage to get somebody who might help us out :)
Morat
Freshman

Postby Gotomtom95 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:22 pm

wew nice, onlything now is we've got to send them a letter xD
JETDROID WOOOT
Gotomtom95
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Development Discussion / Feedback