Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby thom_anderson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 pm

I did some research on that via google but still stuck and could not find the answer.
I connected my phone to my laptop straight through wi-fi (computer-computer), but my windows media player says about my phone that it is an unknown device, while on jet I can browse my media files without problem.
Can I actually control the media player with my phone and how?

Sharing is allowed, I do not see problem in the wi-fi,

your comments and suggestions?
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
User avatar
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Advertisement

       

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Dopi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:02 pm

thom_anderson wrote:I did some research on that via google but still stuck and could not find the answer.
I connected my phone to my laptop straight through wi-fi (computer-computer), but my windows media player says about my phone that it is an unknown device, while on jet I can browse my media files without problem.
Can I actually control the media player with my phone and how?

Sharing is allowed, I do not see problem in the wi-fi,

I don't know if DLNA is going to work with the windows media player. I don't think MS media player if DLNA compliant (enough). I tested the "connected home" feature with a PS3 and a DLNA compliant TV. It works but it is not really fast.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Byeranger » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Dopi, how did you managed to connect the Jet via WiFi to a ps3?
I'd like to know how to !

Bytheway, you've got a ps3? May I have your psn name ;) ?
Mines easy, same as on this forum.
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Dopi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Byeranger wrote:Dopi, how did you managed to connect the Jet via WiFi to a ps3?
I'd like to know how to !

You need to connect the Jet to your WIFI network and then enable connected home. The PS3 should then find you phone .... (if it is connected to the same network ). I just checked it. Works fine for me. :)
Byeranger wrote:Bytheway, you've got a ps3? May I have your psn name ;) ?
Mines easy, same as on this forum.

Sorry, I currently can't log on to psn as I don't like to upgrade my firmware ;)

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby HenriA » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 am

Dopi wrote:
Byeranger wrote:Dopi, how did you managed to connect the Jet via WiFi to a ps3?
I'd like to know how to !

You need to connect the Jet to your WIFI network and then enable connected home. The PS3 should then find you phone .... (if it is connected to the same network ). I just checked it. Works fine for me. :)
Byeranger wrote:Bytheway, you've got a ps3? May I have your psn name ;) ?
Mines easy, same as on this forum.

Sorry, I currently can't log on to psn as I don't like to upgrade my firmware ;)

Cheers,
Dopi


haha, has it to do with the other OS feature, or is it something else that was recently going on? (don't have to tell, but i'm currious)
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Byeranger » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 pm

joopykoopy wrote:I'm pretty sure this is because of the exploits found, wich make homebrew/hacking/ playing iso's possible :P
Wich can be done by buying some sort of 'special' usbstick..
Right?

I refuse to comment on that! ;)

// Is talking about exploits in the PS3 system forbidden here?
Last edited by Byeranger on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby HenriA » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

i allso think it, i don't own a PS3, but i read the tech news :P
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Byeranger » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm

I refuse to comment on that! ;)

// Is talking about exploits in the PS3 system forbidden here?[/quote]
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: Holland

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby Dopi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Byeranger wrote:I refuse to comment on that! ;)

// Is talking about exploits in the PS3 system forbidden here?
[/quote]
I think talking about that is okay. At least if you ask me ... I don't know what Sony thinks of that. They seem to be very sensitive about that topic. What we should not do here is link to sites that have software for download that would use these exploits.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Connected Home feature on Samsung Jet

Postby thom_anderson » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:22 am

Just seached through DLNA stuff, and found out that Samsung Jet is "Mobile Digital Media Server (M-DMS): These wireless devices store content and make it available to wired/wireless networked mobile digital media players (M-DMP), digital media renderers (DMR) and digital media printers (DMPr). Examples include mobile phones and portable music players"

:) This information is checked via http://www.dlna.org/products/ and then in the search bar you type samsung s8000. There is information on its capabilities, which might be useful if I want to turn it into a media server.. Currently also checking on AllShare by Samsung. :)
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
User avatar
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 pm


Return to Jét

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement
cron