Help

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Help

Postby modyz_2006 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm

my jet keeps restarting when i enter the memory card i tried other memory cards and it keeps restarting as if it's not capable of reading them
don't know what to do except removing the memory card :cry:
help plz
modyz_2006
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Help

Postby Daenja » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 pm

What memory card are you using? Does it work with other memory cards?
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby modyz_2006 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:18 pm

it didn't work with any memory card i tried :?
mine is sandisk 8gb sdhc card
modyz_2006
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi modyz.

Can you help us so we can help you. Please tell us if you see the red + blue start screen with white text, this is after you push the left call button + right power button for 2 sec. ?

If you press this buttons and do not see the red + blue with white text when the phone start then you will first need to flash the JetQi boot loader to your phone.

The restart problem, if you get past the red + blue screen with white text and it gets stuck then restarts, then you will need to do the chmod command again both the one without the /* and the one with the /* then safely remove and restart into JetDroid.

Please let us know if you flashed the JetQI and make the ext3 space on the memory card then copy the files to the ext3 space, chmod command. Then we can know where you are and how to help you.

Also look at this links below this post there is 3 ways to put the files on the ext3 space on the memory card.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby modyz_2006 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:27 pm

thanks for your concern MadRocker :)
but this bug isn't in jetdroid interface,it happens in touchwiz interface which i need for making phone calls
i hope u could tell me any solution for i can try :|
thanks again :)
modyz_2006
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:30 am

O okay now I understand.

Yes new cards the first time you have to use the phone to format / erase the card then you will be able to use it. Samsung touchwiz menu -> Settings -> Memory settings -> Memory card details -> format
If not working after this then you might have hardware problem.

You can also try before sending the phone in for repairs to flash other firmware to the phone, maybe this will fix it.

You should also be able to use in ubuntu the gparted program and on the top menu is "Devices" and create partition table, click yes / okay and then it will show the card as empty and then make the partitions you want.

Other test is to get a memory card reader or use a friends laptop / camera and see if the card works in there.

1 Off the 4 options above will make confirm if working or not. You can even ask to test it at the shop you bought it from in one of their display camera / phones.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby modyz_2006 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:43 pm

thanks alot,problem solved
it was a firmware problem :D
modyz_2006
Freshman

Return to Jét