Jet freezes and does not work properly

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Jet freezes and does not work properly

Postby darylldias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 pm

HI guys,
I am completely new to the forum and this is my first phone. Like all of you i too own a samsung s8003 jet. i love my phone but its just not working. I had given my phone to the samsung service center for a reflash as it refused to come on, they reflashed it and gave it to me but the phone has been giving me alot of problems since then.They took 5 days just to do that and everyday they kept giving me excuses as to why the hasn't been done up..Any way it has stopped working again but only this time the entire phone gets frozen except for the widgets menu..i cant type anything with the keypad..If any of you guys know what the issue might be and point me in the right direction it would be awesome.. Thanks a million.
darylldias
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Jet freezes and does not work properly

Postby Dopi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi darylldias,

I created a new topic for your question. Can you describe a little more detailed what problems you see? Does the phone not turn on at all? Which functions are / are not working?

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby darylldias » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 am

Hey Dopi,
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. The issue with my phone is that i cant use any functions at all. For example keys 2.3,5,6,8,9,0 and the pound key dont work at all. If i try to dial 8 it will dial 7. I got widgets that just pop out if i only touch the screen and then refuse to go back into the widgets menu. I cannot get into my main menu. if i activate the menu key it will open my phone book. It doesn't seem that my touch panel is spoilt rather its seems like a software issue...i have attached a url which has a video where i am trying to use the phone. i hope this helps. The samsung service center guys dont seem to know whats happening as this is the second time i have faced this issue with the phone..I really hope you can help me solve this issue.This phone seems to have good hardware but really poor software. .Thanks again.

Cheers,
Daryll
darylldias
Freshman

Postby khoa1111 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:31 am

Hi darylldias,

Your touch calibration goes wrong. Find the way get into menu > setting > phone setting > calibration. But in your situation, my advice is flashing firmware again. :)
Hope this help.

khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 am

Flash Your Jet to S8003JPIF4 ...
all works well!.... JetDroid works well too!

My Jet Firmware is S8003JPIF4
And it's works perfectly!

sorry my bad English... :D
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby bjaguilar25 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:49 am

i have experiencing that problem on my phone before, i do like to help you but i think its on the calibration settings...and if that one doesnt work, im sure its a hardware problem.hope this might help you...
bjaguilar25
Freshman

Postby daditool » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:57 pm

I have done complete installation of JetDroid on S8003 with same Firmware! it looks fine but the OS can't identify the SIM Card! So, no calls, no wireless!! when I use the original Java software it is still working! Any advice plz?
daditool
Freshman

Postby beki76 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:08 am

Hi all, I have same proble with my S8000. Feezing, and butons dont work too, I must take off batery to switsh it off. :(
beki76

Postby Dopi » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:13 pm

beki76 wrote:Hi all, I have same proble with my S8000. Feezing, and butons dont work too, I must take off batery to switsh it off. :(

Which JetDroid version did you test?
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby beki76 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi Dopi, Im glad to see you with us again, and hope with Jetdroid progress :D

My S8000 fall off on the flor :( and I gone to Samsung service to replace touch screen.

Afther that about two-three months my Jet freeze with all frimewares. Last month I putt in them original frimeware S8000XPJA1, but wit them still freezing in original Java operating system. I wonder that the psyhical buttons does not work, when I gona switsch it off.

And now I see that another one has this problem!

In Jetdroid mod I use JetQi-Mcejj3[22fev2011] and JetPlatform-0.3pre3

beki76

Next

Return to Jét