Cleaning the screen

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Cleaning the screen

Postby Daenja » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 am

Hi! I have some dust inside my screen. Is it safe to open the phone and clean the dust?!?

Best regards,
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Cleaning the screen

Postby Dopi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:45 am

Hi Daenja, you may also want to search for the servie manuals as they contain complete disassembly instructions. To my knowledge you must completely disassemble all parts of the phone to clean the display as the display is the last part you can remove. If this is safe or not mainly depends on your tools and your own skills. You will in any way loose your warranty ...

I also have a little bit dust in front of the screen. So far it is not much, but I may come to a point where I need to consider this myself.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:49 am

Looks like you won't even need the service manuals. Bonsitm found this link to a repair site. It shows all the steps to finaly remove the display.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Daenja » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:57 am

Dopi wrote:Looks like you won't even need the service manuals. Bonsitm found this link to a repair site. It shows all the steps to finaly remove the display.

Cheers,
Dopi

Thanks for a quick reply. I will maybe try this at some point. Didn't think it would be that big an operation. :D
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Daenja » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Today I finally got the courage to do this! Everything went good and the screen is again dustless =)

If someone tries this and has some problems feel free to ask me!

- Daenja
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:11 pm

Hey,

Can i fix the oilstain problem this way? As far as I know, it is cuz the upperlayer of the screen touches the LCD, so bending it a little back, would fix it right?
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby tearitup » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:36 pm

Won't work afaik. You have to replace it with a new screen. If you still have warranty the reseller or samsung will probably replace it for you.
tearitup

Postby HenriA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:39 pm

hmm to bad, the LCD part must be replaced? then I let the oil stain sit there. I have no warranty left, the phone is from august 2009. Allso a modified firmware (jetQI loader) is on there...

So that would void warranty allso...
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Daenja » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 pm

joopykoopy wrote:Hey,

Can i fix the oilstain problem this way? As far as I know, it is cuz the upperlayer of the screen touches the LCD, so bending it a little back, would fix it right?

What oilstain? Can you show me a picture ?
Daenja
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:08 pm

Well, it's the problem with some touchscreens.

Dopi wrote this about it

This is a very common problem on resistive touchscreens. I have this oil stain, too. It is however only visible in neon light. In sunlight or light from a tungsten lamp it should not show. Protective films on the screen can also be a cause for it.

Cheers,
Dopi

And some guy on XDA wrote:
Hello my friend.

Well actually that is very bad news. If you are inside the guarantee go to your dealer because this is a hardware and manufacture problem. Its a common problem on the latest hi res touch screens for htc.

I have the HTC touch diamond and i have the "Oily square of death" which is a like a rectangle just in the middle of the screen which looks like oil. My be your screen has become less responsive, some are reporting that with the time the screen goes completly useless and does not work at all.

That's my exact problem. If I touch the screen at the corner of the oil squere, it goes more to my finger, if I release, it snaps back. So it looks like that the top of the screen touches the LCD.
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Jét