Help on Samsung Jet S8000

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Help on Samsung Jet S8000

Postby pitada » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi,

At first I'm sorry for my poor english...
Secondly Congrats for your work!! And keep it up!
Now my history:
I bought this week a Jet. He is locked to the portuguese phone mobile(TMN).
I saw through (#*1234*#) the firmware version: S8000bbigs2.
It's very old, I know... (July 2009)
Now my question:
How can I get a better firmware... I heard that its dangerous to flash new firmwares in locked cellphones. Is that true?
What do you advice for my situation?
And about jetdroid, is the same problem? Do I need an unlocked jet?
Or its just an paralele operative sytem that is inoffensiv to the phone...

I ask also your help for another problem/bug:
I Can´t watch youtube videos through wireless net... says (dns failed)
What can I do to solve the problem?
I'm using an a-doc net from my windows 7 laptop and have not so much download speed... maybe is the reason...

And last, is there any free gps navigation for this cell phone! Route 66 is very good, but we need to pay for the navigation service...

Please advice me...

Thank you very much in advance, and greettings from portugal!

Pedro
pitada
Freshman

Advertisement

Re: Help on Samsung Jet S8000

Postby vaclavpe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:05 am

pitada wrote:I bought this week a Jet. He is locked to the portuguese phone mobile(TMN).
Now my question:
How can I get a better firmware... I heard that its dangerous to flash new firmwares in locked cellphones. Is that true?

Hi Pedro, yes, it is dangerous. first you need to unlock your phone (Google will help you). Then you can update your firmware (again Google). Then you can flash JetQi bootloader (howto is here: http://jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18 ).

Vasek
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby pitada » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am

vaclavpe wrote:
pitada wrote:I bought this week a Jet. He is locked to the portuguese phone mobile(TMN).
Now my question:

Hi Pedro, yes, it is dangerous. first you need to unlock your phone (Google will help you). Then you can update your firmware (again Google). Then you can flash JetQi bootloader (howto is here: http://jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18 ).

Vasek

Thank you very much Vasek!!! I will check it out :))
Pedro
pitada
Freshman

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:28 am

Can I just add that you need to check for SIM lock and NETWORK lock seperately as well. This can be done by dialing *#SIMLOCK# (or *#7465625# in number form) and this will tell you which locks are on.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby pitada » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Bonsitm wrote:Can I just add that you need to check for SIM lock and NETWORK lock seperately as well. This can be done by dialing *#SIMLOCK# (or *#7465625# in number form) and this will tell you which locks are on.

Hi Bonsitm,
I check already the simlock and its OFF (:)) in the same way I saw that main locks are OFF only the network lock in on!! :(
By the way I check the site "unlocking" that Vask told me to visit and it says that they have no unlock codes to the S8000 jet!!! It is normal, or should I look to another one?

Thanks Bonsitm

Pedro
pitada
Freshman

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:01 pm

The network lock should be unlocked. This can be done by paying a fee (usually about 10 euro)
The site recommended by the Darkforest Samsung Forum is this one:
http://www.unlocking.com/

I bought mine unlocked so I never had to deal with this, but its been tried and tested. Good luck!
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 am

I have a different unlocking recommendation. It is http://anycode.mobi/. They offer unlocking for GT-S8000 Jet for 15 $US. If you have any problem with their service please let me know.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby pitada » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:54 am

Bonsitm wrote:The network lock should be unlocked. This can be done by paying a fee (usually about 10 euro)
The site recommended by the Darkforest Samsung Forum is this one:
http://www.unlocking.com/

I bought mine unlocked so I never had to deal with this, but its been tried and tested. Good luck!

I tried already www.unlocking.com, but when I select my model S8000 Jet it says that they have no codes at the moment...
Thanks anyway Bonsitm

Pedro
pitada
Freshman

Postby pitada » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am

Dopi wrote:I have a different unlocking recommendation. It is http://anycode.mobi/. They offer unlocking for GT-S8000 Jet for 15 $US. If you have any problem with their service please let me know.

Cheers,
Dopi

Thanks Dopi!!

Pedro
pitada
Freshman

Postby Dav77 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:29 pm

pitada wrote:
Bonsitm wrote:Can I just add that you need to check for SIM lock and NETWORK lock seperately as well. This can be done by dialing *#SIMLOCK# (or *#7465625# in number form) and this will tell you which locks are on.

Hi Bonsitm,
I check already the simlock and its OFF (:)) in the same way I saw that main locks are OFF only the network lock in on!! :(
By the way I check the site "unlocking" that Vask told me to visit and it says that they have no unlock codes to the S8000 jet!!! It is normal, or should I look to another one?

Thanks Bonsitm

Pedro

we are at the same point, I also have a Jet from TMN, and my Network is lock

what could I loose if I unlock it? I don´t care about warranty !
Dav77
Freshman

Next

Return to Jét