Jet is eating my battery when switched off

Discussions about the Samsung GT-S800x phone and it's hardware

Jet is eating my battery when switched off

Postby vaclavpe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 pm

Hello all,

can you confirm or refute following - when I finish the testing, I always switch the phone off. I did it yesterday around 11PM. Today at 8PM, I switched on the phone. But the battery was completely depleted.

For me it is strange. When I switch something off, the device should not touch the battery at all...

Vasek
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Jet is eating my battery when switched off

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:33 pm

Has it been in a particularly cold room/place? Sometimes I find that some gadget that was on the way out batterywise performs poorly when switched on after being very cold.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vaclavpe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Bonsitm wrote:Has it been in a particularly cold room/place? Sometimes I find that some gadget that was on the way out batterywise performs poorly when switched on after being very cold.

It was in room temperature - around 20 deg Celsius.
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Not sure I know then I'm afraid. Are you sure the backlight sleep didnt start working by accident and you thought it was off? ;)

But seriously, as JetDroid has a permanent battery level of 80%, it might have been really close to run down without displaying it
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby vaclavpe » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Bonsitm wrote:But seriously, as JetDroid has a permanent battery level of 80%, it might have been really close to run down without displaying it

We do not understand each other. I am testing the way that I have the phone in USB almost all the time. If I reboot to Samsung OS to download new kernel, I see that battery is full.

Then I manually switch the phone off. No sleep mode... I try to leave it on through the night and we will see.
vaclavpe
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Byeranger » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:25 pm

I had this too, The battery was fully charged and before i got to sleep i booted up jetdroid to play 3 times Paper Toss, then i turned it off and the following day it was completely empty. Could the battery drain empty if the last boot was Jetdroid?
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Bonsitm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:26 pm

I understand you now, though I can't think how this is happening.
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Dopi » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:16 am

Mmmh. Sounds like a strange problem to me. I have never experienced this but I can imagine that maybe the kernel did not completely exit and was still running after it had shut down the dispaly. Or it left the phone in a state that was still consuming power.

However, I usually can switch the phone right back on after I exited JetDroid. Thus I would think it should be in the switched-off mode.

Anyway, we should watch this problem.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby HenriA » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:49 am

hmm, sounds verry strange. in just a night from full batery to no batery will meen that it has been used a lot that night, or jetdroid has run overnight (jetdroid consumes much power because of the microSD boot). It could allso be a false contact inside the phone?

Strange problem. I will think about it, and when i come up with something, i will post it here ^^
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Jét