Android 2.3-Gingerbread

General discussion on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Thijs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:31 am

John1600 wrote:I am currently working on froyo to get it working on jetdroid. I just finished to sync the source. tomorrow I will compile it and compare with our current platform for changes.

Cheers
John

Hi John,

Any news from froyo yet?

Best regards - Thijs

Hi Thijs

I don't have much time at the moment. I can just say you I am trying to set my new build environment to a new x64 Linux system. I will give you some updates later. untill the Jetdroid platform works I think I have time for Froyo :)

Cheers
John
Thijs
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Advertisement

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby lord95 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:01 pm

@Pumba93
Pumba93 wrote:Is it possible to get jetdroid working that great? I think the spica and the jet ave almost the same hardware, so can their be problem?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JJy07LZ ... re=related

Sure it is possible.But it is alot of work :D .For example we have to get a working hardware acc. driver to make the system run smooth with all effects.

Other question:Do you think the missing hardware acceleration driver are the causes of the high usage of the cpu.
lord95
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 am

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Pumba93 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:14 pm

I dont know but the cpu and the ram are very stressed by anrdoid thats why the jet gets very hot by running jetdroid. Also that could be reason for the high battery usage. Isnt it possilbe to use the drivers of the galaxy spica as a base for our jetroid drivers? The hardware is almsot the same...
Pumba93
Active member
Active member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Dopi » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:51 pm

Pumba93 wrote: Isnt it possilbe to use the drivers of the galaxy spica as a base for our jetroid drivers? The hardware is almsot the same...


I am sure we can use most of the (precompiled) Spica drivers (for the Android system). For e.g. 2d/3d this should be no big problem. As they need kernel support we just need to start including the corresponding modules. For other parts (e.g. sensors, vibrator, ...) we at least need to recompile the kernel modules with out changed GPIO table and maybe we need to do some more changed.

The high battery usage is a difficult topic. I think we can only be sure it is caused by missing 2d/3d acceleration once we have 2d/3d acceleration in place and the high battery usage is gone ;) This may sound a little bit silly but I think as long as we don't have reliable battery level monitoring it is needless to discuss power consumption.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Qwerp » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Dopi wrote:...
I am sure we can use most of the (precompiled) Spica drivers (for the Android system). For e.g. 2d/3d this should be no big problem. As they need kernel support we just need to start including the corresponding modules.
...

Wich files are needed from the spica kernel for the 2d/3d to work, exept for these ones:
  • system/lib/modules/s3c_g2d_driver.ko
  • system/lib/modules/s3c_g2d_driver.ko
  • system/lib/libs3c2drender.so
  • system/lib/libsavscmn.so
  • system/lib/hw/gralloc.GT-I5700.so
  • system/lib/egl/egl.cfg
  • system/lib/egl/libChunkAlloc.so
  • system/lib/egl/libEGL_fimg.so
  • system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so
  • system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_fimg.so
And some edits in init.rc

Greetz,
Vincent
User avatar
Qwerp
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Dopi » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Qwerp wrote:
Dopi wrote:...
I am sure we can use most of the (precompiled) Spica drivers (for the Android system). For e.g. 2d/3d this should be no big problem. As they need kernel support we just need to start including the corresponding modules.
...

Wich files are needed from the spica kernel for the 2d/3d to work, exept for these ones:
  • system/lib/modules/s3c_g2d_driver.ko
  • system/lib/modules/s3c_g2d_driver.ko
  • system/lib/libs3c2drender.so
  • system/lib/libsavscmn.so
  • system/lib/hw/gralloc.GT-I5700.so
  • system/lib/egl/egl.cfg
  • system/lib/egl/libChunkAlloc.so
  • system/lib/egl/libEGL_fimg.so
  • system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so
  • system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_fimg.so
And some edits in init.rc

Greetz,
Vincent


I am not sure if these are all files that are needed. You can check which files are included by the SamdroidMOD build in their repo ( https://github.com/SamdroidMod/android_vendor_spica/tree/froyo/prebuilt/spica ). The problem with these drivers is however, that some of them need support by kernel modules. We are currently discussing the kernel modules here: http://www.jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=259.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby John1600 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:11 pm

Hi all

I just synced the platform again from android source and I got this:
* [new branch] gingerbread -> korg/gingerbread

and a lot of things about Gingerbread. I think Gingerbread is now also opensource from today :).
I will directly try to compile this one and add the missing parameters from the current platform.

Cheers
John
John1600
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Dopi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:26 pm

John1600 wrote:I just synced the platform again from android source and I got this:
* [new branch] gingerbread -> korg/gingerbread

and a lot of things about Gingerbread. I think Gingerbread is now also opensource from today :).
I will directly try to compile this one and add the missing parameters from the current platform.

Gingerbread was released on December 6th. I don't know if this was also the release date of the complete source, but the release was to be expected. Did you try to compile it already ;)

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby John1600 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Dopi

No i'm always on the syncing phase. Because I had to install the build tools before and install linux etc. With the less time I have i'm doing all in little steps. Every day i'm doing a little step forward but it's not going fast forward, like I said before, untill the current platform works we have time for froyo :)

Cheers
John
John1600
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Re: Android 2.3-Gingerbread

Postby Dopi » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 pm

John1600 wrote:No i'm always on the syncing phase. Because I had to install the build tools before and install linux etc. With the less time I have i'm doing all in little steps. Every day i'm doing a little step forward but it's not going fast forward, like I said before, untill the current platform works we have time for froyo :)

... or we skip Froyo and go to Gingerbread directly :lol:

No, honestly ... you are right. One step after the other. :D

Cheers.
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
User avatar
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement
cron