Base 2.3 gingerbread root folder for S8000 development.

General discussion on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Re: Base 2.3 gingerbread root folder for S8000 development.

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 am

Update 12 Jan 2011, See original post.

There might be more bug and you can get it to be much faster if using ext3 format on memory card and playing with modules. Menu's performance increases and we will have to do a lot of tweaking.

Normal power button white flash and sometimes lines across the screen 5 or 6 is normal, if it goes past 14mins normal watch time or 30 mins RTC bug time as shown in status of phone it might go ugly screen many lines across screen lock, you can sometimes if before 14 mins watch time get rid of this using menu button past 15 mins "30mins on phone not sure" might have to remove battery.

Speed test = minm garbage on green phone icon as it shows 4 tabs on top click them a few times these tabs left to right or random to get feel versus Jet-Froyo and Jet-Eclair same place same tabs.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby Goodzila » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:00 am

It's beautiful! "Android 2.3 works on the jet. Jet-Ginger-Beta1 started. Boot went very quickly, but the speed of the android to be desired. Run standard applications that are very happy (at 2.1 does not run, such as a calculator), waiting for further progress). Thank you for your work!
S8000XEIG2 - > S8000MXEIK1 -> S8000MXEJA1 [I use]
Running Android on Samsung Jet : [JetDroid]
I can help with the search programs for the android
Goodzila

Postby Kaesar » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Goodzila wrote:It's beautiful! "Android 2.3 works on the jet. Jet-Ginger-Beta1 started. Boot went very quickly, but the speed of the android to be desired. Run standard applications that are very happy (at 2.1 does not run, such as a calculator), waiting for further progress). Thank you for your work!

You just need to update the calculator apk as far as I know, its a problem with the app and not the 2.1 platform, however great news you have it running :)

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:54 pm

It works for me it's quite laggy but great ;) I have a question: can I install GApps with Gingerbread?
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:29 pm

I did not have time to test beyond this except for some .ko modules and other dirty tricks I tried so if you want to Gapps or anything please feel free to test and report. Think of Jet-Ginger same as Jet-Droid-Eclair in April 2010.

This is now like a brand new car without a engine being pulled by a donkey down the highway = not pretty and not fast just wait till we install a engine / get other drivers working.
You can imagine as is with what we have to perform this good already then add fixes and optimizations :D

Why some kernels work better than other = no clue I only have a few kernel configs in my hands, once I get hold of other wifi and sensors kernel configs things should improve.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby colix » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm

MadRocker wrote:2.2. sudo chroot -R 777 /media/sdcard
Replace /media/sdcard above with your card name like /media/android or /media/JetDroid .

Is this mistake? Maybe chmod ?

Thx! It works. I thing something wrong with resolution on dialpad.
colix
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 am

chroot lol sry fixed.
Yup this small icons / text is default to gingerbread and I did not get around to changing it yet.

Anyone that can improve on this beta1 please post fixes / successes and how to replicate it for other users.

This is just a proof of concept ie: a very basic version of gingerbread that runs on S8000 and needs a lot of work and testing. Once we get the drivers working like video drivers ect. then it should run much better.

We will need to test several stuff like the sensors patch + wifi working + /boot/append-jet and what it makes better or worse so we can fix this.

Eclair and Froyo is still 1st priority and this Jet-Ginger is just something on the side.

This is a alternative kernel with a few extra stuff most not completely working yet like audio = not working yet.
Test this for speed as compared to the one in Beta1 and report back, then try with /boot/append-jet as this might add a bit more speed as well not sure need your results info.

File name: zImage-audio-MadRocker.tar.gz
File description: Test kernel for Jet-Ginger
File size: 2.07 MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M5HKAE97
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Goodzila » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi! Karnel tested, download android goes very fast! Differences have not noticed. Wi-Fi, accelerometer, flash drive, etc. functions do not work and no work on android 2.3. What's the problem?
S8000XEIG2 - > S8000MXEIK1 -> S8000MXEJA1 [I use]
Running Android on Samsung Jet : [JetDroid]
I can help with the search programs for the android
Goodzila

Postby sploutch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Hy MadRocker,
Very good works, but if I change the language and I reboot android, the error "untracked pid *** exited " reappear.
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:50 pm

MadRocker, it's the same with this Zimage, isn't it?
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)