Base 2.3 gingerbread root folder for S8000 development.

General discussion on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

Re: Base 2.3 gingerbread root folder for S8000 development.

Postby Rcfreak07 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:16 pm

EDIT: Right now I noticed that the system time works correctly with your 2.2 Kernel on my standard 2.1 JetDroid. ;) You should maybe search for the special fix to apply it in the next Jetdroid release :)
Rcfreak07

Advertisement

Postby l3w1n » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:51 am

could anyone who has a smooth 2.3 jetdroid say me what files i have to use when i want it too? It would be very kind, because i know what to do with the files, but my english is bad and with all this different kernels and extensions i don't know which files i have to use.
cheers
l3w1n

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 am

MadRocker wrote:There is a lot of changes, I will put the changes together and upload a complete working beta version once I have more time.

When? :)
I'm impatient :lol:
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby l3w1n » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:26 am

i'm very courious too. I would really like to use ginger, but i just don't know which files to use.
l3w1n

Postby MadRocker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Sorry spent a lot of time on the video / 3D thing.

Beta1 should be good for now, can possibly add 1Feb kernel + modules then do the darkmoon078 wifi and automount fix for 10feb Eclair and apply it to the init.rc in Gingerbread.

If you replace the init.rc you might get problems. So only edit the changes.
FIMG we need to rebuild them with tom3q fix for ginger to get past black screen.

The "init" file do not replace or replace with otehr s3c6410 ginger "init"

There might be a init.rc I tested in my github space that has some improved features.

PID errors = init.rc or .../lib files from other eclair / froyo version = not happy = error.

gralloc, copybit and chunk files needs to be from another ginger-android that also uses s3c6410 as this is sensitive files or build a /JetDroid/android gingerbread version and copy files from there.

The way I learned was insert file restart test = good or bad = make note on paper then see where this file is from and form opinion about what works. Some info I got from other sites.

Does this mean anything = fixed = no, from what I know at this time it seems correct for now.

Anyone want to help with the development pm me so I can give you github write access, then you can fork the files and change without any problem, once ready we can merge your working files into main gingerbread and then we can release it as a update.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Previous

Return to Gingerbread (Android 2.3)