Froyo JetDroid development base.

General discussion on Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Froyo JetDroid development base.

Postby MadRocker » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm

This is the Galaxy Tab Froyo 2.2 root folder clone than can be customized to make a JetDroid version from.
Seeing 2.2 is the updated 2.1 that we are using it might be easy enough + few enough changes to get this working.

This is for development usage and not yet working on the S8000 / JET.

Download link 50mb 7zip file.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HL3IHLCX
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Froyo JetDroid development base.

Postby Dopi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

I am not sure if we can use any of the binaries from Galaxy tab for JetDroid. The application processor inside the Galaxy Tab has an ARM Cortex A8 architecture while the Jet uses an application processor with an ARM1176 architecture. The Cortex A8 supports a new binary formats. If they are used the binaries won't un on our S3C6410. I am however not sure that this binary format is supported by Linux at all. I just stumbled across this while trying to disassemble the Samsung Wave (GT-S8500) bootloader. This did not work with the tools I used for the Jet. Anyway, we should be able to use Froyo binaries from I5700 and maybe even I5800.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Normal user please do not try this yet.
This Froyo runs fairly decent on the S8000 but would need some tweaking to get it fully working.
I can get to the normal gui unlock screen then try to adjust menu-> settings and when I select some settings it is obviously causing issues and so restarts the desktop gui to recover from this and back to android desktop gui.
I did a dirty mod.

Pics in zip file:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0VTDPSMY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:28 pm

MadRocker wrote:This Froyo runs fairly decent on the S8000 but would need some tweaking to get it fully working.

The pictures look neat. Congratulations :D

MadRocker wrote:I did a dirty mod.

I am curious. What did you do? I saw references to the Galaxy Tab on some pictures ...

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:30 am

I had the Android sdk in windows + android commander then copied the whole running Galaxy tab "8" froyo and today the "G-API-8" or froyo + gapps skipping /dev , /proc , /sys then copied this over my current Eclair on my phone replace all except zImage and she starts / works.
Will try a clean Froyo-gapps + zImage next.

The Tab version, I replaced all of the Jet-Eclair files including init.goldfish.rc excluding our init + init.rc + zImage on that try. Todays replaced all from Jet-Eclair clean except zImage and starts without issues.
zImage is from last sensors patch or one of my test kernels.

You will need to copy the keyboard layout as this helps = more stable. Rest depends on the kernel drivers.

I presume they are generic builds and as long as we can patch some scripts and get the kernel sorted we should be on our way.

Problems there is now more complaints by OS like acore and system might crash = ignore but the rest is 95% there working. You have to do the normal kill all stand-by / power saving setting dew to kernel.
Screen rotate works in Froyo-Gapps "API-8"

acore error = some apps wanting networking / gps / radio signal and not getting it or this is what I have read so far.

I did see the Tab test one was running at 60 secs in 30 real time secs. or this is what it looked like.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 pm

That is an interesting aproach ;) I am a little bit surprised that the Galaxy Tab binaries work. I was expecting some binary incompatibilities there. However, if it works it might be good for us if we need some binary parts ...

I was about to do a similar test with a system from the I5700. I expect that to be working as well.

Cheers,
Dopi
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:31 am

I just Tried that...
nice but screen is small, buttons not work..

I just added Froyo beta1 and Galaxy tab Froyo files into ext3...
works well!
Now I try to install Samdroid on my jet.... 2.2 works but I cant do nothing then because: buttons and touch support not work...
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 am

qwerty.kl and build.prop you need to set the screen to 240 or 200 depending on what you like.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 am

MadRocker wrote:qwerty.kl and build.prop you need to set the screen to 240 or 200 depending on what you like.

Ok Thanks...
I try this later! = ) Does JetDroid buttons work if I replace Qwerty.kl and build.prop.. ? If Screen is norma and no lines... and buttons work then It's really really good! wifi not work I added Eclair WiFi files and your Froyo Init.RC... It says ERROR =D

Now I will try other Android Files binaries and files! (HTC, Samsung, LG and other binaries what I find)
Last edited by Carlos_Manuel on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby thom_anderson » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:19 pm

:roll:

Maybe a good idea after all, good luck pal!

Wanna hear more about your tries
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Froyo (Android 2.2)