Froyo running on GT-S8000

General discussion on Android 2.2 (Froyo)

Re: Froyo running on GT-S8000

Postby MadRocker » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Code: Select all
chmod --help
Usage: chmod [OPTION]... MODE[,MODE]... FILE...

-R = -option so before or after = no problem the - sign tells it this is the option to use.

Problem:
1. For those still with this issues try to use a size less than 1.5gb partition for ext3 as stated in original Jet-Eclair guide. Max 1.7gb ext3 works for me have not tried larger. Also not sure iwhen there is errors with 1.7gb ext3 is it real errors from partition and reading partition or errors dew to defective or broken content of ext3 space.

2. Also you might try to partition with the mem card in phone via usb "best option" or in usb stick or in mem card reader device or use in phone samsung touchwiz format card function then re-partition using gparted or cfdisk or both to ext3. Using different devices might make a difference.

3. Gparted is not always doing it's job correctly in any linux distro. Using cfdisk in terminal you would quickly see if there is issues with gparted partitions.

4. I found one now useless usb-to-sd-card adapter causing my problem or a faulty usb connector on the computer causing issues.
Last edited by MadRocker on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby FeerRC » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi, I have two news. First copy the MadRocker package's, Froyo worked to me wonderfully, and the second is that changing the command

sudo chmod -R 777 /media/MyJetDroid

by

sudo chmod 777 -R /media/MyJetDroid

also works for me: ), so apparently that's the problem. I wish for other users having the same solution. Thanks comperta and MadRocker for your help. And sorry for my bad english :?

PS: As additional data, the test packages of GPIO in Froyo had problems and could not start.

PS 2: I saw a video on Froyo but is rather short, low resolution of course :).
FeerRC

Postby Jose_Paramore » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Well, finally it works for me. I used MadRocker packcage and "sudo chmod -R 777 '/media/JetDroid'
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby sploutch » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Did this command work for you with my release 0.0.2 ?
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby FeerRC » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Works for me :). I have a question. Why file build.prop density is 200 and not 240?

FeerRC
FeerRC

Postby HenriA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:06 pm

Well, with 200 the screen would be more responsive if i remember correct from an other topic.

but well, the 200 setting looks nicer than the 240 (my opinion). you can set it to 240 if you would like that ;)
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:22 am

200 screen density does help a bit over 240 until we get the video driver issues sorted. 96 is extremely small on the screen.

New test init.rc for Froyo.
http://code.google.com/p/mad-rocker-s8000/downloads/detail?name=init.rc-Froyo-MadRocker&can=2&q=
Notes:
1. This needs a bit of clean up see "android.log" . This is a backport I am testing on ginger so had to rebuild this init.rc and leave half the patches out until later.
2. ioprio complains sometimes when off or on, might be kernel related.
3. You should be able to see a bit of speed improvement + cut down some memory usage to safer levels.

4. Not sure if rc_parallel="YES" is completely working or in the correct place, needs some tweaking. This is Usually in /etc/rc.conf in gentoo for parallel task execution. This is a better place = more improvement than lower in the init.rc .

5. setrlimit 13 40 40 should be between 19 to 0 to -20 but changing this caused some issues and needs looking into as 40 is incorrect here. It might have been some other files / changes that interfered with my testing.

Happy editing.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 am

Any new news / changes for Froyo ?
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:21 pm

I noticed that Sploutch's CM Froyo is same binary what my CM 6.1.1 is but it's older version... :P
(SamDroid CyanogenMOD)
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Previous

Return to Froyo (Android 2.2)