Does anyone have 3.0 init.rc?

General discussion on Android 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.2 (Honeycomb)

Does anyone have 3.0 init.rc?

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:12 pm

Hi all!

I have some question:

DOES ANYONE HAVE HoneyComb 3.0 init.rc

init.rc can help really much to get ZTE Blade HoneyComb to work in Samsung Jét and honeycomb zImage: does anyone have it? these two files help to get HoneyComb for Jét
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: Does anyone have 3.0 init.rc?

Postby ZsDaniel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:24 am

Carlos_Manuel wrote:Hi all!

I have some question:

DOES ANYONE HAVE HoneyComb 3.0 init.rc

init.rc can help really much to get ZTE Blade HoneyComb to work in Samsung Jét and honeycomb zImage: does anyone have it? these two files help to get HoneyComb for Jét

I don't know if it's good for you but I have a Honeycomb Tablet (Acer Iconia Tab A500) with 3.1 atm, but I can get you 3.0 files too if you want.
ZsDaniel

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't know if it's good for you but I have a Honeycomb Tablet (Acer Iconia Tab A500) with 3.1 atm, but I can get you 3.0 files too if you want.

OK Thank You!

I need only the init.rc to test that can I get the ZTE Blade Honeycomb 3.0 to work!
So.. If you can give me the init.rc then how? do you have the init.rc or does the ROM have init.rc without .img file?

:)

Galaxy Nexus:
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Kaesar » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Carlos_Manuel wrote:

OK Thank You!

I need only the init.rc to test that can I get the ZTE Blade Honeycomb 3.0 to work!
So.. If you can give me the init.rc then how? do you have the init.rc or does the ROM have init.rc without .img file?

:)

Hi Carlos,

Great work so far. Please don't take this the wrong way but why are bothering to look at porting honeycomb to the jet? None of the hardware is going to be remotely similar and it isn't even designed for phones, did you know this? I just think your efforts would get greater results elsewhere as I don't think much can be gained from looking at HC. But if are you just trying it for fun then you can completely ignore me! :)

Personally I think porting CM6 would be the best (froyo), as I'm not sure the Jet has enough memory to run gingerbread smoothly even if it can be 100% optimised (which isn't even really possible).

I was going to take a look at this myself. I've using CM7.1 on my LG O2X so I've been understanding more about the way it works. Unfortunately my touchscreen on the jet isn't working and my sd-card slot is pretty trashed too (too much inserting and removing of sd-card) so I can't really do any development on it. I might have another go at trying to fix the screen but i'm doubtful if i'll have any luck.

Anyway, great work and take it easy 8-)

Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Carlos,

Great work so far. Please don't take this the wrong way but why are bothering to look at porting honeycomb to the jet? None of the hardware is going to be remotely similar and it isn't even designed for phones, did you know this? I just think your efforts would get greater results elsewhere as I don't think much can be gained from looking at HC. But if are you just trying it for fun then you can completely ignore me! :)

Personally I think porting CM6 would be the best (froyo), as I'm not sure the Jet has enough memory to run gingerbread smoothly even if it can be 100% optimised (which isn't even really possible).

I was going to take a look at this myself. I've using CM7.1 on my LG O2X so I've been understanding more about the way it works. Unfortunately my touchscreen on the jet isn't working and my sd-card slot is pretty trashed too (too much inserting and removing of sd-card) so I can't really do any development on it. I might have another go at trying to fix the screen but i'm doubtful if i'll have any luck.

Anyway, great work and take it easy 8-)

Kaes

Hi Kaesar!
I know honeycomb is not for smart phones! ZTE Blade have memory and RAM less than Samsung Jét and ZTE Blade running froyo really fast and CM7 2.3.4 or 2.3.3 much faster than Froyo!
and it's running honeycomb 3.0 and 3.1 too very smoothly but it's not finished yet it's don't have sounds, call functions, etc.

So. it needs to work in Jét when the JetDroid have sounds + better zImages with different good texts to get all to work smoothly in Eclair too!
now JetDroid Eclair ( my HTC G1 2.0.1) Quadrant point is 251-278.. and HTC SDK 2.1 get 271-27* point... + with newer zImage with sounds can get much better 300 or more!
ZTE Blade 2.2 Froyo got 447 point (official Sonera Froyo) and CM7 got 1033 or more point in Quadrant...

So. Jét cant run 3.0 normally yet! but i't can soon! (maybe)
and CM7 is maybe good for JetDroid! and HTC Vogue CM7 have sysinit.rc but still not work becuae it need CM7 zImage!

CM7 can run fine in Jét (I think So)
and of course I want test it for fun!
I test android ROMs for fun because I like Android I like to make ROMs to work!
etc. :D

And Thank You! :D

Galaxy Nexus:
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team

Return to Honeycomb (Android 3.0)