Galaxy S

Discussion specific to Samsung GT-I9000 (Galaxy S)

Re: Galaxy S

Postby Jose_Paramore » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Byeranger wrote:
Jose_Paramore wrote:Apple sucks :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Jose

Apple does not suck at all, just iTunes & the updating. Just take a look at the ipodTouch, it's amazingly fast and can do so much more than our S8000, for half the price xd..

I know it doesn't support gsm network, but still.

Well, not at all, but in my opinion Android is much better, so I would prefer a Jet with Android than an Iphone 3GS for example ;)
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Postby Bonsitm » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Jose_Paramore wrote:Well, not at all, but in my opinion Android is much better, so I would prefer a Jet with Android than an Iphone 3GS for example ;)
Cheers,
Jose

And so we come full circle!
Bonsitm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kaesar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Byeranger wrote:Apple does not suck at all, just iTunes & the updating. Just take a look at the ipodTouch, it's amazingly fast and can do so much more than our S8000, for half the price xd..

I know it doesn't support gsm network, but still.

The fact the ipodTouch doesn't support GSM means I can name at least 10 things off the top of my head that the Jet can do that the ipodTouch can't. Completely different devices for different purposes but if you to compare then fine, the Jet still wins even with it's crap software. A decent android phone (Desire, N1, G2) is miles better than ipodTouch. ;)

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Byeranger » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 pm

Everyone his own opinion ;D
Byeranger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kaesar » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:53 pm

Byeranger wrote:Everyone his own opinion ;D

Don't get me wrong, for what they are designed to do, they are very good at it. I just don't think you should compare an advanced mp3 player with wireless vs a camera phone. Bit like you wouldn't compare a camera phone to a pc hehe :P
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby ©annabis » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 am

Hello all,
I have been used Galaxy S for 2 weeks now and I can say that it is pretty good for it's money.. I bought it "2 days used" :). For the first time battery life was just awful after 6 hours of use it was empty so I thought about phone change :), but after a week of use it became more better, so it stays up for 2 days on 3g network. Camera isn't that great, even my 6 years old SE W800i makes better pictures with 2 mega pixel one. No flash for camera is also "-". I'm playing guitar so gstrings app -guitar auto tuner is great one for me. But it's not actually possible to play guitar like on IPhone.. think that there are no such a responsive app yet. GPS works better than on my GARMIN navigator: faster search, faster connection, better graphics. I'm using NAVIGON app on Galaxy S.
Willing to update it with Froyo when I'll get home :)...
SUPPORT DEVELOPERS BY CLICKING ADS BANNERS
TUE KEHITTÄJIÄ KLIKKAAMALLA MAINOKSIA
ПОДДРЕЖИ РАЗРАБОТЧИКОВ КЛИКНУВ ПО РЕКЛАМЕ
©annabis
Freshman

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 pm

©annabis wrote:Hello all,
I have been used Galaxy S for 2 weeks now and I can say that it is pretty good for it's money.. I bought it "2 days used" :). For the first time battery life was just awful after 6 hours of use it was empty so I thought about phone change :), but after a week of use it became more better, so it stays up for 2 days on 3g network. Camera isn't that great, even my 6 years old SE W800i makes better pictures with 2 mega pixel one. No flash for camera is also "-". I'm playing guitar so gstrings app -guitar auto tuner is great one for me. But it's not actually possible to play guitar like on IPhone.. think that there are no such a responsive app yet. GPS works better than on my GARMIN navigator: faster search, faster connection, better graphics. I'm using NAVIGON app on Galaxy S.
Willing to update it with Froyo when I'll get home :)...

It's good to hear that, because I want to get one :D
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby squidink14 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:09 pm

Hello happy christmas everyone!
My mum and dad kindly got me the Galaxy S today. I will still stay updated with the proiject though.
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby curse » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:45 pm

I got an i9000 Galaxy S
+ Best hardware
+ Best screen
+ DivX/Xvid/mkv(h264)fullHD playback out of the box
+ Music player much better then stock Android
+ Easiest Android phone to get root and/or install custom ROM, no need for goldcards etc, easy to unbrick a phone.
- Samsung KIES(no OTA updates, KIES is windows only)
- Samsung TouchWiz(I use LauncherPro Plus)
- Lag, lag, lag, because of Samsungs RFS filesystem(see XDA)
- GPS sucks, SGS always shows me a few kilometers off, my HTC Tattoo shows me where I am, both in Google Maps.(there are a few fixes but no good one)
+ XDA-Developers, you can get lag-fixes or get a custom ROM, as Darkys or Insanity ROM seems to be the best right now when I write this, ie, no lag :twisted: XDA makes the stuff Samsung should have done

For me the only minus is the GPS, when I use the night sky app to check stars, everything is wrong.
All other errors can be fixed through XDA
It's the best phone available (perhaps except Nexus S, but it got no SD slot) right now.
If I were you though.. .I might wait to see what's coming the first few months 2011, dual core phones, gingerbread etc...

edit//
forgot a minus :P
- Waiting for Samsung to update, and when they do, waiting for them to fix the update.. (Scandinavian froyo jpa to jp6 etc.. )
// endedit
curse
Freshman

Postby squidink14 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, I have got the lagfix, and now with Quadrant benchmark my phone is above any other android phone on the results. :D
It was a fast phone even before the lagfix anyway, but maybe because it is new.

I haven't used the GPS yet so I don't know how that is.

With the update to 2.2 froyo the music player doesn't speak to you anymore, on 2.1 it spoke the name of the song and who it way by when you held the volume up key. I wouldn't use it anyway but still...
YouTube = youtube.com/squidink14
Website = squidink.netii.net
Video Tutorial = jetdroid.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22
squidink14
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to GT-I9000 (Galaxy S)