3D kernel.

JetKernel testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

3D kernel.

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:31 am

This is just a test concept and if good we can use this as default for Dopi 2.6.29 kernel.

Do not expect too much.

I have added some M910 drivers/media/s3c6410/ fimg 3d camera files to the kernel and had a successful bootable kernel with this.
This is old 9Dec2010 fimg ect. files so no clue how they will behave, booted with old Jet-2.3.3 .../egl/..android.so as default video driver to make sure the kernel works.
Froyo / Ginger black screen fix not added yet.

I will upload it in a bit.

Need help to find out how the Samsung M910 Vital / Instinc phones get their fimg + 3D drivers loaded if inbuilt into the kernel or how they get it working / do we need more files or do we need to remove files ect. ect ect. you get the idea.

The AIT848 5mp camera is in this kernel as well so it might work ?? no idea if we need something or need to remove something to make this work as well.

Code: Select all
CONFIG_VIDEO_MFC=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_PP=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_JPEG=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_G3D=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_G2D=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG=y

CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_AIT848=y
# CONFIG_FLASH_AAT1271A is not set
CONFIG_S3C_CMM=y

Time to go sleep now, have fun and please post "needed / missing / remove" help files / M910 info please.
Download at http://code.google.com/p/mad-rocker-s8000/downloads/list

Sorry Dopi I had to destroy my github jetkernel folder to get rid of the old stuff. created new experimental-2.6.29-MadRocker in it's place. Created a busted but working file list to help keep track of faulty files.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: 3D kernel.

Postby l3w1n » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:57 am

what exactly do you mean with 3d? samsung jet cannot work with 3d pictures and movie like the lg optimus 3d, can it?
l3w1n

Postby HenriA » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:29 am

No, but the 3D of games can be used (just like any game on the PC for the last decade, like GTA-III and higher. This would speedup the preformance.
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:07 pm

This 3D is the same fimg files we used now only all in the zImage file so you do not need the extra ../egl/fimg...so files.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby sploutch » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Nice work, jetdroid is really much faster with this kernel.
However, the vibrator does not work, you have solutions to get it working?
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 pm

sploutch wrote:Nice work, jetdroid is really much faster with this kernel.

with which version? because for me it's not fast... I'm using 10feb madrocker files
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby sploutch » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Jose,
I use the jetPlatform-0.3pre1 : http://jetdroid.googlecode.com/files/Je ... binary.tgz
And my patch for this platform (he contains this 3D kernel) : https://github.com/sploutch/Patch-for-JetPlatform
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:45 am

Jose you will have to use a clean JetDroid like Sploutch is doing or 31Jan eclair or earlier, not sure.
You can also use JetFroyo Beta1 or JetGinger Beta1

Vibrate, you can possibly load it as module or I might need to rebuild and add the vibrate.

Working on combining the m910 s3c6410 samsung folder + KB JetModules same files and keep other modules in JetModules folder / separate, so this will be next.

Maybe we can in the future have 1 option in the kernel and select in this sub option what is S8000 specific like the M910 S3C6410 samsung folder / jetmodules is doing in the menuconfig.

The added M910 camera files has some problems that will need fixing as well before we can use them.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby darkmoon078 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 am

sploutch wrote:Nice work, jetdroid is really much faster with this kernel.

I agree, it's much faster but WiFi doesn't work in this Kernel :cry: , anyhow great progress :D
darkmoon078

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Nice! works great :D
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to JetKernel Testing