3D kernel.

JetKernel testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: 3D kernel.

Postby sploutch » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 pm

I am currently working to improve the 2d/3d
I noticed some things:
the "libsurfaceflinger.so" is a library that is apparently very important in terms of 3D

I have a version of this library that runs 2D/3D games at very high speed (my test database is AngryBird). The problem is that with this version, some menu animations android become invisible (the screen obscured)

I have another version that runs slowly 2d/3d games. However with this version, I have no bugs in animation menus.

If someone has a library that takes advantage of the 2 I mentioned, please sharing this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JetPlatform Froyo on GitHub : https://github.com/sploutch
sploutch
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Well... I think Angry Birds runs so good with this because this lib make the system run muuuuch better in landscape mode, although in portrait mode it runs the same as with the previous libsurfaceflinger.so I had. But is annoying to see that, for example, with a live wallpaper in ADW Launcher, the menu icons doesn't appear!
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby skuke » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:56 pm

sploutch wrote:If you want to try a clean Eclair platform with the last files of 2d/3d acceleration :

- Delete all files on your ext3 partition
- Download the JetPlatform0.3pre1
- Extract here on your partition
- Download my patch here : https://github.com/sploutch/Patch-for-JetPlatform (clic on the download button)
- Extract here on your partition (confirming replacing files)
Code: Select all
sudo chmod 777 -R /media/YourPartition
sudo chmod 777 -R /media/YourPartition/*
cd /media/YourPartition/dev
sudo mknod console c 5 1
sudo chmod 777 console

enjoy :D

hey sploutch, i tried this and got it working, but its abit laggy, i then tryed to open angry birds and my phone says it cant open it, any idea's?

cheers.
skuke
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:21 pm

I have build a clean Jet-2.3.3 with the gles6410 libsgl + libgralloc + libcopybit, going to test it in a bit and will post if it would make a performance difference, not sure if we can use these files + libsurfaceflinger.so with Froyo or even with eclair.

If this works then I can built the same files for both ginger and eclair, do not have the froyo or internet to get froyo to complete froyo, ginger + froyo might be able to use the same files.

Will test the libsurfaceflinger.so from Sploutch in a bit as well.

The 2D / 3D drivers if not working in the normal jetmodules "kernel" then disable jetmodules and use the drivers/media/s3c6410 from the m910 MadKernel and add new 2D /3D files from Gles6410 replacing current files then build.
This drivers/media/s3c6410 can be inbuilt or as modules.
Method = copy s3c6410 folder + merge Kconfig and Makefile with drivers/media/Kconfig + drivers/media/s3c6410/Makefile for this to work = very easy.

Unfortunately either s3c6410 or jetmodules needs to be active otherwise if both active = duplicate files and failed to build the kernel error.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Previous

Return to JetKernel Testing