JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby zerokoolmyth » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 am

these release works very fine with my jet, and gapps installed (wifi, sensor, vibrate, gmail, etc)
many bugs fixed :)
great jobs dev team :D

but what i observe is the launcher pro is not as smooth as the older jetdroid, its a little bit laggy, anyone knows how to fix this

i have also downloaded the latest verion of launcher pro .8.6 i think, same prob :?
zerokoolmyth
Freshman
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Advertisement

       

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby volodymyr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:17 am

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for releasing a more stable version of kernel & android for Jet-8000. I have, however, some issues with this release. It seems like the phone takes long time to boot, and in kernel.log I see a delay in 200 seconds which I can't explain:

Code: Select all
<4>[    5.346290] VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) on device 179:2.
<6>[    5.361813] Freeing init memory: 120K
<4>[    5.371521] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
<3>[    6.297459] init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
<3>[    6.482646] init: cannot find '/system/bin/playmp3', disabling 'bootsound'
<3>[    6.484129] init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'
<6>[   68.094521] warning: `zygote' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)
<4>[  263.403067] [VIBETONZ] enable_vibetonz_from_user : time = 0 msec


After taking looong time to boot, it seems like in my case the general performance of Android is very, very slow. Most of the windows slow very slowly, and I constantly got "wait for widget to load, "kill, wait"".

I checked youtube videos, and I see that people run Android much better than I. I wonder, is there any reason for this ... ?

Here is my full kernel.log file: http://www.shcherbyna.com/files/jet-8000/kernel.log
volodymyr
Freshman
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:31 am

volodymyr wrote:Hello Everyone,

Thank you for releasing a more stable version of kernel & android for Jet-8000. I have, however, some issues with this release. It seems like the phone takes long time to boot, and in kernel.log I see a delay in 200 seconds which I can't explain:

Code: Select all
<4>[    5.346290] VFS: Mounted root (ext3 filesystem) on device 179:2.
<6>[    5.361813] Freeing init memory: 120K
<4>[    5.371521] Warning: unable to open an initial console.
<3>[    6.297459] init: cannot open '/initlogo.rle'
<3>[    6.482646] init: cannot find '/system/bin/playmp3', disabling 'bootsound'
<3>[    6.484129] init: cannot find '/system/etc/install-recovery.sh', disabling 'flash_recovery'
<6>[   68.094521] warning: `zygote' uses 32-bit capabilities (legacy support in use)
<4>[  263.403067] [VIBETONZ] enable_vibetonz_from_user : time = 0 msec


After taking looong time to boot, it seems like in my case the general performance of Android is very, very slow. Most of the windows slow very slowly, and I constantly got "wait for widget to load, "kill, wait"".

I checked youtube videos, and I see that people run Android much better than I. I wonder, is there any reason for this ... ?

Here is my full kernel.log file: http://www.shcherbyna.com/files/jet-8000/kernel.log


Hi!
if it says in boot loop: cannot find file: ... the find it from init.rc example: /system/bin/playmp3 then remove the text from it or try to find the file for it to /system/bin/

JetDroid is not finished: no calls, SMS, in some Binaries no WiFi/SD Card Mount so that's why JetDroid is slower right now!

when JetDroid project is finished or closer to be ready with calls, and other then JetDroid will be faster.....

with new zImage it can be faster than now....

:)
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
User avatar
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Estonia / Finland

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby volodymyr » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Hello Carlos_Manuel,

Carlos_Manuel wrote:JetDroid is not finished: no calls, SMS, in some Binaries no WiFi/SD Card Mount so that's why JetDroid is slower right now!
:)


Sorry, I was not clear enough. Of course I know this is in development, it's just that I am trying to wonder why it boots and works slower than on other phones (I saw from youtube).
volodymyr
Freshman
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: Ukraine

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:07 pm

volodymyr wrote:Hello Carlos_Manuel,

Carlos_Manuel wrote:JetDroid is not finished: no calls, SMS, in some Binaries no WiFi/SD Card Mount so that's why JetDroid is slower right now!
:)


Sorry, I was not clear enough. Of course I know this is in development, it's just that I am trying to wonder why it boots and works slower than on other phones (I saw from youtube).


Hi
OK! :)
JetDroid is slower because the project is not finished!
JetDroid is faster with new zImage and new Binary which have good files and with new kernel + new module files...
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
User avatar
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Estonia / Finland

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby johndroid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:39 am

hello my friend.. will teach me how to install that... do i need to download that jetplatform-0 3pre1- binary.tgz, jet kernel-0.3pre3-binary, qwerty.kl..

or

only that 1 above...?? please help
johndroid
Freshman
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:26 pm

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:27 am

johndroid wrote:hello my friend.. will teach me how to install that... do i need to download that jetplatform-0 3pre1- binary.tgz, jet kernel-0.3pre3-binary, qwerty.kl..

or

only that 1 above...?? please help



have you flashed JetDroid boot loader?
have you made new partition EXT2/3?
have you installed or using Ubuntu?

if you did all that then you should download: jetplatform-0 3pre1- binary.tgz but there is newer platfrom binary too which not need the kernel! so download newer binary!
open the .tgz file and copy files and add them to JetDroid partition EXT2/3!

If you don't know how then check the tutorial video!
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
User avatar
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Estonia / Finland

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby thom_anderson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:01 pm

Be sure to use version of Ubuntu 9.1 or higher... very critical!
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
User avatar
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby Carlos_Manuel » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:20 am

thom_anderson wrote:Be sure to use version of Ubuntu 9.1 or higher... very critical!



Yeah and If I remember fine the 11.10 or what is the newest version, it is slower and it can not let to do JetDroid porting stuff...
JétDroid ROMs, stuff... http://code.google.com/p/android-for-jet/
My YT Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlosJacksonHD
Github: manumanfred
XDA-Devs: Carlos_Manuel

Galaxy Nexus:
ROM: My own ROM 'Dreams', (KTU84P) KitKat 4.4.4
User avatar
Carlos_Manuel
Dev Team
Dev Team
 
Posts: 883
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:50 am
Location: Estonia / Finland

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-26 testing

Postby thom_anderson » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:18 am

yes, the very last version of Ubuntu 11.x is restrictive on porting... Very Critical! :twisted:
Everyday we try to make Samsung Jet and JetDroid better!
User avatar
thom_anderson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Previous

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

  • Advertisement
cron