Updated Jet-Eclair clone 2D/3D

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: Updated Jet-Eclair clone 2D/3D

Postby Rcfreak07 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:53 am

[quote="MadRocker"]Has anyone seen this video on youtube about JetDroid + 3D speed as this guys is fast and not sure how he got this far. I have not seen speed like that on my phone.

shirbiohari
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZwrocl_us[/url][/quote]

Sure. I subscribed him because he is uploading JetDroid Videos :D :D But I think the games in his version are as laggy as they are with the latest JetDroid Version. I could start 3D Games since 0.2 and the speed of the games never changed. With the 2D/3D acceleration expansion from the last days I don´t reallyv se any improvements in 3D games. There are always laggy and too fast (or too slow).
Rcfreak07

Advertisement

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:46 pm

RC can you try the MinFreeManager.apk in this link and see if it improves how the games feels.
http://www.androidcentral.com/fine-tuning-minfree-settings-improving-androids-multi-tasking

I downloaded this from dustypixel website.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:05 pm

MadRocker, if I use your 4 february files for separate the give me errors like "killing any children...", but I used them copying and replacing with my "old" jet-eclair platform and they work! I have to try to play a video, but the seems to work better, for example, with live wallpapers, and I've got less annoying flickering :lol:
Great work ;)
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Jose good news :D

So first 4feb then 2nd old files to replace ?

/system/hw the names is S8000 or I5700 ?
/system/build.prop has " ro.product.brand=GT-S8000 " or no name or i5700 ?
The zImage has the date of 29Jan or older ?

I think it is some /system/lib files that is maybe the fix for this problem and the /system/hw/*I5700.so
maybe you try to install Gapps, first make backup and then install Gapps.

The new changes I am working on I will need to add to /system/lib (81 files) with extra (65 files) from CM eclair then it works good but when I install Gapps some apps causes lots of memory problems.

Screen Flicker, thanks Splouch for this fix:
Jose can you test the screen flicker first normal as your eclair is now remeber how the flicker is and how much and then restart into samsung and edit /system/lib/egl/egl.cfg from
Code: Select all
0 0 android
0 1 fimg

To
Code: Select all
0 1 android
0 0 fimg

If this does not work then I will upload some files to fix this problem.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:07 pm

No first old files and 2nd your files, although some things are not working as you said, all seems to be smoother. Now I'm going to test flickering fix :)
Cheers,
Jose
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Well... with this "fix", I had less flickering but system ran veeeery slow :S, I don't know why. That's why I've changed it again
Cheers,
Jose
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing