Updated Jet-Eclair clone 2D/3D

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: Updated Jet-Eclair clone 2D/3D

Postby HenriA » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm

[quote="Rcfreak07"]It tooks a long time to restore my old system with yours as a basis. I noticed that SD Card is not recorgnized in Android and my HOMEBUTTON (above camera) is not working. Also your the standard Vending.apk from GApps packet didn´t work. I had to take another one in order to get market working...
I think you developers should sit together and search all fixes, changes and modifications that were ever made in JetDroid to get ONE most updated JetDroid. My feelings are that in every "release" some functions from other developers doesnt work because they are not implemented.
Im not a dev so I can only test it so please dont take that statement as an insult to you. Just some tipps from enduser ;)

Cheers[/quote]

It is NOT a release. It is just a fix for something, and it can be tested here. When there is a next release (like 0.3 final) all fixes will be gatherd together!
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Postby HenriA » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm

[quote="Rcfreak07"]It tooks a long time to restore my old system with yours as a basis. I noticed that SD Card is not recorgnized in Android and my HOMEBUTTON (above camera) is not working. Also your the standard Vending.apk from GApps packet didn´t work. I had to take another one in order to get market working...
I think you developers should sit together and search all fixes, changes and modifications that were ever made in JetDroid to get ONE most updated JetDroid. My feelings are that in every "release" some functions from other developers doesnt work because they are not implemented.
Im not a dev so I can only test it so please dont take that statement as an insult to you. Just some tipps from enduser ;)

Cheers[/quote]

It is NOT a release. It is just a fix for something, and it can be tested here. When there is a next release (like 0.3 final) all fixes will be gatherd together!
The jet will take-off to meet the android people! :)
HenriA
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby MadRocker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:01 am

This is just not a official release just a test / a clone of my phone to update the 1.5gb.zip method for new guys having difficulty.

Gaming at 1fps not gaming ready yet.

We will be joining all changes into a new version, just needed to make sure this changes is good before submitting them.

Dopi is working on a fix for the kernel + ums for sdcard.

Source pre0.3:
Previous Jet-Eclair 1.5gb.zip method version + Dopi's 2D/3D and some files listed below.
Or pre0.3 + wifi working + sensors working + 2D/3D working and some media files / other files listed below.

Changes:
The wall paper is launcher wallpaper or ADW.Launcher wallpaper.

init.rc updates:
Gentoo /etc/rc.conf cheat, might have to remove this if sdcard mount fails with Jet-Froyo kernel "1 sec disk mount delay bug"
Code: Select all
# Set to "YES" if you want the rc system to try and start services
# in parallel for a slight speed improvement. When running in parallel we
# prefix the service output with its name as the output will get
# jumbled up.
# WARNING: whilst we have improved parallel, it can still potentially lock
# the boot process. Don't file bugs about this unless you can supply
# patches that fix it without breaking other things!
rc_parallel="YES"               ############## MadRcoker ################

29 Jan init.rc -> sytem changed to system.
chown system system /dev/cpuctl

Normal wifi from Dopi 2d/3d init.rc
Added Froyo init.rc disk mount:
#######################AutoMount USB##############################
write /sys/devices/platform/s3c6410-usbgadget/gadget/lun0/file /dev/block/mmcblk0
##################################################################

/system/media -> updated content from Galaxy S ?
/system/xbin -> added /system/xbin/recovery and busybox Galaxy S ?
/system/app -> added FileManager.apk

/system/bin -> might have added a few files here for testing by accident = more functionality but extra's not needed and can ignore extra files.

/system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so -> replaced with 2 Dec version seems more responsive and getting 1fps in Quadrant.apk 3D test. More testing needed with this files and other versions of it.
Used a old 2Dec /system/build.prop .

You can verify and likely safely add to /system/build.prop:
dalvik.vm.heapsize=24m
dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y
ro.kernel.android.checkjni=1
ro.sf.lcd_density=200

200 lcd helps a bit with performance instead of 240.

That should be it.
The fimg gles egl files will need to be build custom against s3c6410 or from a s3c6410 Android version in the future then we might get better results + a few kernel changes possibly.

There might be better performance files for egl folder that we can use possibly.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Goodzila » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:37 am

Hi everyone! Released a beta of I8000, tried to run on jet (all files except Zimage belong I8000).
1) Karnel of dopi (today) - it does not start, went into a black screen ...
2) Karnel which came bundled from MadRocker of this topic - start) went android animation, and then after 20 seconds left android system failure due to process... But the animation that showed the crash was so smooth and fast that it shocked me!
You can download this beta - http://narod.ru/disk/4773676001/beta1024.zip.html
S8000XEIG2 - > S8000MXEIK1 -> S8000MXEJA1 [I use]
Running Android on Samsung Jet : [JetDroid]
I can help with the search programs for the android
Goodzila

Postby Kaesar » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm

Goodzila wrote:Hi everyone! Released a beta of I8000, tried to run on jet (all files except Zimage belong I8000).
1) Karnel of dopi (today) - it does not start, went into a black screen ...
2) Karnel which came bundled from MadRocker of this topic - start) went android animation, and then after 20 seconds left android system failure due to process... But the animation that showed the crash was so smooth and fast that it shocked me!
You can download this beta - http://narod.ru/disk/4773676001/beta1024.zip.html

Hi Goodzila,

Thanks for the news on the I8000 beta release, shame it doesn't work straight off without any changes. Next time can you create a new thread as this doesn't really relate to Madrocker's new kernel.

Cheers,
Kaes
Kaesar
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Rcfreak07 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:44 pm

[quote="joopykoopy"]
It is NOT a release. It is just a fix for something, and it can be tested here. When there is a next release (like 0.3 final) all fixes will be gatherd together![/quote]

Thats why it put the word release in " " ;)
Rcfreak07

Postby MadRocker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi Goodzila,
Thank you for the good news of i8000.

You can try this, more stable until we fix problem.
2D_3D_acceleration_working.tar.gz
zImage + init.rc + /system/lib/egl

2011-02-01 /system/lib/modules only.

This is good for now.

This Jet-Eclair Clone take 2011-02-01 modules and put them in /system/lib/modules and "yes = replace old files"
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:21 pm

Update, new testing version, I uploaded another testing version where the 5700 fimg and some old modules from several places is all now working better and this can be used as a testing base / stepping stone for those that want to help get JetDroid updated modules and newer fimg / other files working properly.

This is for video testing, wifi and sdcard mount is not active and many other things not working as listed in the download page notes + more.

Nothing new build only used old files that everyone has used already and by accident got this files working like it is 3am in the night. :lol:

There is lots of work to do on this and PID cleanup and init.rc needs more modification.
Please feel free to take this and add files + fixes + help us get JetDroid running better.

For testing Jet-2.1-responsive4Feb.tar.gz
http://code.google.com/p/mad-rocker-s80 ... z&can=2&q=
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby veej87 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:36 am

You're doing a great job men!!
I've been following this project for a few weeks, but the improvements are incredible!
I've just installed this test version on my Jet... unfortunatly flickering is still here, and sometimes I can't see what I type in input boxes (e.g. google search bar in home), but 2D acceleration is working great and the problem with invisible popup lists seems to be solved (i've tested this with wifi settings).
I'll keep on testing this version tomorrow (now it's time for bed) :D
veej87
Freshman

Postby MadRocker » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:39 am

Has anyone seen this video on youtube about JetDroid + 3D speed as this guys is fast and not sure how he got this far. I have not seen speed like that on my phone.

shirbiohari
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFZwrocl_us
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing