Cloned 8Feb video patch testing. NO wifi NO disk mount

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: Cloned 8Feb video patch testing. NO wifi NO disk mount

Postby alfonzobonzo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:31 pm

l3w1n wrote:what did you say do i have to do for getting wifi?

follow instructions 2nd post down from top (darkmoon078), it works fine :oops:
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
alfonzobonzo
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby khoa1111 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Sleep mode works fine, brightness can be adjust too. But may be still have some problems, screen too bright (cuz contrast too high), its still not normal.
Anyone see that :?

khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby l3w1n » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:33 pm

i get some strange color on my screen when i go back from sleep mode. Adjusting brightness does not work for me.
l3w1n

Postby MadRocker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:09 pm

darkmoon078, Thanks for the wifi + mount, if you have time and can optimize the init.rc more / anything else it would be a great help.
On github I have other init.rc's and just posted in the GPIO post some more init.rc options we might need soon. https://github.com/MadRocker/alt-init.rc
Let me know your github username then I can add you with write access if you like.

Brightness / khoa1111:
I think we will need to custom rebuild the whole FIMG / egl video part as it was done for Spica and instinct and ours is slightly different, maybe we can get better performance.
Jet .conf = CONFIG_FB_S3C_AMS310FN07=y ,
Spica .conf = CONFIG_FB_S3C_S6D05A=y,
M910 .conf = CONFIG_FB_S3C_AMS320FS01=y

That is possibly why some of the M910 instintct video files works better on S8000 but not yet optimal.

l3w1n
It might be trying and pull in some standby background screen from the media folder or somewhere as this is a normal thing but have not seen it with this download on my phone yet. Will add media files and animations from the Galaxy S and see what it does.
The white or color screen flash after red + blue JetDroid start that is a init non text start screen but have not figured the correct options out for this as the frequency and screen res needs to be set at boot command like in linux or the start screen needs to be resized for this screen to work. Possible fix is initrd.

Ringtone change might be able to see them if the disk mount is working not sure why but seems to be linked. I have not fully tested this yet as I could only see them but could not set it as a new one or something.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby l3w1n » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I got it now i just forgot to remove one old file don't know how it could happen i pressed select all (shift ctrl and a or so) and then i deleted. Works very nice now but does it already use all the800mhz of the processor?
cheers
l3w1n

Postby Dopi » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:37 am

In my tests I could confirm standby, brightness setting and accelerometer working. Also the flickering is fixed and there could be some acceleration in place. Just wifi was not okay, even with darkmoon078's suggestion to move nvram.txt and rtecdc.bin. I did not completely check the sd-card. I did the tests on a clean 0.3 easy install with all patches applied as suggested by MadRocker.

I can also confirm that in my 2011-02-01 testing kernel the built in touchscreen calibration is wrong. I need to check and correct it again.

The washed out brightness look could possibly be corrected in the kernel. There is a bunch of gamma parameters. So we have a good change some others may work.

@MadRocker:
Which modules did you include in your 4Feb video patch? Where do I find the sources?

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:53 am

As far as I can see it is part of the "Thijs working" upload files GPIO topic so I presume I got them from Thijs.

The GPIO topic look for the 2nd modules and 1st modules Thijs uploaded, this is the closest I can find to this 13Jan modules.

12Jan modules is also in 13Jan2011Jet-Eclair.tar.bz2 possibly maybe still on megaupload.

Sorry my bad 12Jan modules is Xmister 2.6.35 modules from his git repo. So Spica pre-built modules from Samdroid he build. Can not remember download link.
Source files https://github.com/Xmister/i5700-xmiste ... les-2.6.35
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby l3w1n » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 pm

I moved the 2 files and i replaced the init.rc with the one you posted. Now i was waiting 10minutes and the phone shows:
A N D R O I D [ 925.021099] s3cfb_blank
l3w1n

Postby l3w1n » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:24 pm

now it repeated 4 times:
[some numbers]lcd power off sequence end
[some numbers]XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
[some numbers]s3cfg_blank

the numbers are different every time it repeated
l3w1n

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:21 pm

Well... sleep mode works, wifi and sd card doesn't work... brightness works... but what about the 2d/3d acceleration? It was working with another files...
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing