JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-10 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-10 testing

Postby Dopi » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:42 pm

MadRocker wrote:Dopi can you confirm if the FIMG files was rebuild or is it older copy's you are using.

Yes, the kernel and modules are freshly compiled. The source (not yet including the object files) is in the JetKernel github repo (experimental-2.6.29-KB branch).

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Well... now I can run Quadrant (about 10 minutes long) but...
Code: Select all
Total: 192
CPU: 309
Memory: 304
I/O: 218
2D: 94
3D: 35

Why do I have such a bad score in I/O?
EDIT: now I unmounted my sdcard. It tooks the same time.
Code: Select all
Total: 275
CPU: 310
Memory: 338
I/O: 596
2D: 97
3D: 35

Still don't know if unmounting the sdcard (fat32 partition) helps to get better results. I have to try again with the sdcard mounted and compare.
EDIT 2: now having 275 with sdcard mounted :D
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi... I have another problem... when I'm using the browser, and I type an URL, it takes about a minute between I press the "Done" button and the browser starts loading the page... why?
It also happens when I press on a link...
Cheers,
Jose
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Mericon » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:32 pm

Hi

with this version I cant get ADB working can anyone confirm? My phone isnt recognized by adb.

greets mericon
Mericon
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:34 am

Jose_Paramore wrote:Hi... I have another problem... when I'm using the browser, and I type an URL, it takes about a minute between I press the "Done" button and the browser starts loading the page... why?
It also happens when I press on a link...

Do others see this problem, too? I don't seem to have this kind of delay.

Mericon wrote:with this version I cant get ADB working can anyone confirm? My phone isnt recognized by adb.

I did not test ADB but mass storage connection was working for me. Maybe we forgot to start the adbd in init.rc ?

Anyway, I added the patches that were proposed in this thread and also changed the settings for display brightnes to look better. Thus we can have another testing release.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 am

Jose if the internet browser is taking a long time starting then that is JetDroid related, if it is open and select a website, press done and then takes some time this could be wifi or more likely dns/internet connection related.

You can try to replace the dhcp file in /system/bin with a Froyo or 2.3.3 dhcp file and chmod + restart then see if any better if not then internet connection.

I will test and see what I find here, lets us know if better or worse if doing this above.

Also see if moving closer to the wifi router makes any difference before changing file, could be the wifi channel is on auto for the router and having interference from portable landline phone handset or microwave or other wifi, ch9 is usually fairly clear for the wifi routers.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:25 am

Well... using static IP and DNS and still having the same problem, I will try with another browser and if it doesn't work, I will try to connect to another router.
Cheers,
Jose
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am

This is sooooo strange... Opera Mini is blazing fast!!! It takes less than a second to start loading a page!
:S
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Miren Browser working good as well.
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Rcfreak07 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 pm

This testing release works stable and smooth for me BUT android market does not seem to update itself after I installed GApps and created market ID. In my last version I works fine. But now it is impossible to download or update apps.
I tried different Vending.apk´s too, but nothing helped... any idea?
Rcfreak07

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing