JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

Postby Dopi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:04 am

Hi ,

thanks to the good feedback to our last testing release, I have created a new testing snapshot. It includes all patches that were proposed for the last testing and also some small tweaks for display brightness setting. Please continue to post your experience so, that we can create the final release, soon. Still it does not include a custom launcher but you may easily install that by means of the filemanager (as suggested by sploutch).

You can download the package here: https://github.com/JetDroid/JetPlatform_binary/tarball/3b0b25f732e90b7fed9d545df159e14b38761643. A kernel is included. To install please remove all old files and extract to your ext2 partition root directory. After that do "sudo chown -R root.root *".

Here is the list of features:
  • Wifi
  • USB Mass storage access (ADB was reported not working, please test)
  • SD-card access
  • Accelerometer (maybe compass)
  • RTC reading [thanks to Vaclavpe]
  • Clock speed fix [thanks to KB_JetDroid]
  • Brightness setting and screen locking (brightness values are better now. Maybe just a little tweaking is needed)
  • 2D acceleration (flickering fixed, thanks to Thijs, KB and sploutch )
  • Vibrator / Haptic feedback (very low intensity, some more tweaking is needed here)

Please submit your feeback in this topic. For the final release I would suggest we work on solutions for the following pending issues. If you have more problems please report them here.

• Haptic feedback intensity is too low [confirmed]
  • ADB is reoported not working [reported by Mericon]
  • Problems with touchscreen [reported by abdelry00. who can confirm?]
  • Browser takes very long to open links [reported by Jose_Paramore]
  • Calendar crashed when trying to open it [reported by dopi, can anyone confirm this?]
  • Add su and update Superuser.apk for rooting
  • Check if 3d acceleration is working

If you have a fix for any of the above problems please post your solution here (what did you do and which files did you use?). Please don't add unneccessary files, just the ones that are needed to improve the system.

Happy testing!

Cheers,
Dopi :D
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

Postby MadRocker » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 am

Cool thanks will test.

The vibrate is either power management and or cpu throttling related and I think I read that it reduces in relation to PM. You might be able to cheat with the level settings in the .c related to this and setting the stepping +1 from current settings. Will look into this.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Dopi » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:12 am

MadRocker wrote:The vibrate is either power management and or cpu throttling related and I think I read that it reduces in relation to PM. You might be able to cheat with the level settings in the .c related to this and setting the stepping +1 from current settings. Will look into this.

The vibrator is controlled by a PWM (pulse width modulation) output of the processor. Thus it should be independent of CPU speed. Changing PWM settings (longer pulses or other frequency) should help. It is not related to the PMU.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:28 am

Dopi wrote:
MadRocker wrote:The vibrate is either power management and or cpu throttling related and I think I read that it reduces in relation to PM. You might be able to cheat with the level settings in the .c related to this and setting the stepping +1 from current settings. Will look into this.

The vibrator is controlled by a PWM (pulse width modulation) output of the processor. Thus it should be independent of CPU speed. Changing PWM settings (longer pulses or other frequency) should help. It is not related to the PMU.

Cheers,
Dopi

You are correct Dopi. The clock speed fix has caused the PWM timer to run at half the frequency. I changed the counter value in vibetonz driver and the vibrator works fine now.
I have already pushed the changes in experimental-2.6.29-KB branch on github.

Following are the changes

Code: Select all
drivers/jetmodules/vibetonz/vibetonz.c
@@ -58,7 +58,7 @@ static int set_vibetonz(int timeout)
   }
   else {

-    s3c6410_timer_setup(1,10,300,3);
+    s3c6410_timer_setup(1,10,150,3);
     printk("[VIBETONZ] reserved VIBRATOR_ENABLE\n");
...    ...    

@@ -151,7 +151,7 @@ static void vibetonz_start(void)
   s3c_gpio_setpull(GPIO_VIBTONE_EN, S3C_GPIO_PULL_NONE);

/* pwm timer settings */
-  s3c6410_timer_setup(1,10,300,3);
+  s3c6410_timer_setup(1,10,150,3);

Also tested your latest changes for brightness. They are working like charm :D
Now the screen is much better after lock and unlock. Thanks !!!

- KB
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby KB_JetDroid » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:44 am

Created a latest kernel image after merging changes from Dopi.

Download the attached tar file and replace the zImage file on the JetDroid partition.
Please test this kernel image and let me know the vibrator status.

Please use this kernel for testing vibrator only. I could see quite size difference between Dopi's kernel and mine. Not sure what other changes I have. So once you test the vibrator, please revert to Dopi's kernel (zImage file).

- KB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KB_JetDroid
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby MadRocker » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:41 am

1st clean try had black screen where android boot anim should have been.
I fixed that by adding old s3c video modules. This also fixed the quadrant white screen problem.

Added KB kernel:
2nd clean try using KB kernel works good, quadrant white screen is back so I presume it is video driver issue.
Gallery exit has black screen in both 1st and 2nd try so might be a bug or something in gallery app.
Calculator in both fails.
Adding extra CM-Jet ../lib/*.so did not make a change to this problems.

Wifi works fine, and fast, 3 secs from opening browser then there is a response.
Rest of the apps looks / works good, email enter text works good.
KB Vibrate + Dopi brightness = good.

I think this is a success / stable, might be able to correct the video problem and then release this.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby beki76 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:15 am

Hi jetdroidos

when I run AntiBody / Mew game that hapends

http://img816.imageshack.us/content_rou ... ia=mupload

Regards

Beki
beki76

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:27 am

Works fine, thanks! And the calendar is working for me, not the calculator.
I think you should keep an eye on this: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=502&start=20
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Kurdo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 pm

For me, the touchscreen is more responsive than the 3-10 version. Also with the 3-10 version, my battery was full and I used jetdroid for like 2 mins, after shutdown my battery was empty.
Kurdo

Postby Jose_Paramore » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Kurdo wrote:For me, the touchscreen is more responsive than the 3-10 version. Also with the 3-10 version, my battery was full and I used jetdroid for like 2 mins, after shutdown my battery was empty.

Well... maybe the touchscreen is more responsive, I don't fell any difference... but the battery consumption is similar for me.
Cheers,
Jose
Come on JétDroid team!!! ;D
Jose_Paramore
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing