JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

Postby alfonzobonzo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 pm

DreiRN wrote:
alfonzobonzo wrote:
DreiRN wrote:So far, so good. I'm only having problem connecting to my router. I don't know why, before everything was ok. Maybe because of the GApps? Cause i've installed this one with GApps....

I have this platform working both with and without GAPPS, with my DLink wireless router & separate AP
Both are set to use WPA with psk string (alphanumeric)

I'm starting yo think there may be wifi compatibility issues but dont have the necesary hardware to investigate (ie a more up to date router or AP)

I have a Dlink DSL-G604T that's running DSL G624T Firmware. (Current Firmware Version : V3.00B01T02.EU-A.20060720 ) some pretty old skool kit!
& a Dlink DWL-2000AP+ (Firmware Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005, even older kit)

But when i didn't have the GApps everything was fine and I'm not having issues with the connection. I guess i did something wrong in installing the GApps.... What do you think? Did you try to play angry birds?

My calender works A-OK.
Angry birds sort of works as it has done for the last 2 releases, is dead slow but it does run. and has white boxes wher esome options should be
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
alfonzobonzo
Dev Team
Dev Team

Advertisement

Postby DreiRN » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:31 am

khoa1111 wrote:
DreiRN wrote:#/bin/bash
mkdir gapps-inst
cd gapps-inst
unzip ../gapps-passion-EPE54B-signed.zipArchive < == remove this
chown -R 1000.1000 *
cp -R system/* ../system
rm ../system/app/GoogleSearch.apk
rm ../system/app/LatinIME.apk
rm ../system/app/Provision.apk
cd ..
rm -rf gapps-inst

Do I need to type sudo first in the terminal?
Example: sudo #/bin/bash
How to make a script executable?

Not sudo #/bin/bash because this is codes to paste into a text file and make it excutable. If you want do it manual in terminal (easier way), just forget first line and begin from mkdir....
Type sudo if you get Operation not permitted message.
Remember remove those words like above.

khoa1111

Ok I will try!
DreiRN

Postby DreiRN » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:56 am

My calender works A-OK.
Angry birds sort of works as it has done for the last 2 releases, is dead slow but it does run. and has white boxes wher esome options should be[/quote]

To be honest, i've download the angry birds game in .apk format and i've put the file in the system/app folder. When i booted JetDroid the angry birds appears in the menu but i can't play it.. I'm jealous now.. tell me how did you do it.. i wanna see it for myself. .Thanks!
DreiRN

Postby DreiRN » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:57 am

My calender works A-OK.
Angry birds sort of works as it has done for the last 2 releases, is dead slow but it does run. and has white boxes wher esome options should be[/quote]

To be honest, i've download the angry birds game in .apk format and i've put the file in the system/app folder. When i booted JetDroid the angry birds appears in the menu but i can't play it.. I'm jealous now.. tell me how did you do it.. i wanna see it for myself. .Thanks!
DreiRN

Postby khoa1111 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 am

DreiRN wrote:To be honest, i've download the angry birds game in .apk format and i've put the file in the system/app folder. When i booted JetDroid the angry birds appears in the menu but i can't play it.. I'm jealous now.. tell me how did you do it.. i wanna see it for myself. .Thanks!

My opinion is do not put .apk file into /system/app if it's not necessary. Just put .apk file somewhere in your SD, open and install it by using File Manager.

I think AngryBird slow because of landscape rendering. Some game play in portrail works fine (PaperToss, DoodleJump)

khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby redevils1001001 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 am

hi all of u ,
i have successfully ported this version of android to mine Jet
now can someone tell me how to connect to a access point via ADHOC to access internet on jet because i do not have any wifi router .
i have tried this following code to enable adhoc on Jet
Code: Select all
ctrl_interface=/data/system/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=1000
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="raul_connect" // *userid
   scan_ssid=1
   key_mgmt=NONE
   wep_key0=12345  // *password
   priority=1
   mode=1
}

well this code works on my android 1.5 tablet but Jet fails :?: why :?: im a newbie plz help...
Come on JetDroid !!!
redevils1001001
Freshman

Postby Eron61 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Powerprobot wrote:
Bafnek wrote:May I ask what brand you are using? I'm using Sandisk SDHC 4GB Class 4 and mine is sluggish as well. :(

My Card is a "SanDisk" Class 2

PS: After using the Gallery i have a white Screen. If a patch availbe?

What do you all mean with "WHITE SCREEN" ?
On the top.. Do you have still the area for Battery Life and Clock..?..
If you do I now how to get the home screen..
Eron61

Postby DreiRN » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:55 pm

khoa1111 wrote:
DreiRN wrote:To be honest, i've download the angry birds game in .apk format and i've put the file in the system/app folder. When i booted JetDroid the angry birds appears in the menu but i can't play it.. I'm jealous now.. tell me how did you do it.. i wanna see it for myself. .Thanks!

My opinion is do not put .apk file into /system/app if it's not necessary. Just put .apk file somewhere in your SD, open and install it by using File Manager.

I think AngryBird slow because of landscape rendering. Some game play in portrail works fine (PaperToss, DoodleJump)

khoa1111

Ok i would try that. But my problem is that i don't know how to use or install a file manager.Lol
DreiRN

Postby khoa1111 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:08 pm

DreiRN wrote:Ok i would try that. But my problem is that i don't know how to use or install a file manager.Lol

File manager is included in 03-13-2011 platform. Just open menu screen, you will see it.

khoa1111
Looking for Gold design Jet cover case.
PM me if wanna transfer this.

khoa1111
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby Powerprobot » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:26 pm

Eron61 wrote:
Powerprobot wrote:
Bafnek wrote:May I ask what brand you are using? I'm using Sandisk SDHC 4GB Class 4 and mine is sluggish as well. :(

My Card is a "SanDisk" Class 2

PS: After using the Gallery i have a white Screen. If a patch availbe?

What do you all mean with "WHITE SCREEN" ?
On the top.. Do you have still the area for Battery Life and Clock..?..
If you do I now how to get the home screen..

Yes, at the top i have the battery life and clock, but the rest is white. The Touchscreen response sometimes commands but not any time. By pressing the options button (diamond-button) and louder/lower button shows the options but no homescreen. Only twiddle on buttons and screen bring the home screen back, but is not stable and crashes fast. The faster method is a restart....
Powerprobot
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing