JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

JetPlatform (Eclair) testing releases will be posted here by the DevTeam. This forum is open for feedback from test users.
Forum rules
Dev Team members can post testing releases here. Please give a link to the source base that was used for a release or post patches / changelogs along with your binary packages.

Registered users can reply with their test feedback. Please only post test feedback here. For general (e.g. install related questions) please use the support Q&A section.

Re: JetPlatform Eclair 2011-03-13 testing

Postby DreiRN » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:04 am

khoa1111 wrote:
DreiRN wrote:Ok i would try that. But my problem is that i don't know how to use or install a file manager.Lol

File manager is included in 03-13-2011 platform. Just open menu screen, you will see it.

khoa1111

Thank you! Sorry for being a newbie!Lol
DreiRN

Advertisement

Postby MadRocker » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:02 am

You would need to create a wifi network from your pc or tablet, once it is there then you connect the normal way = search , see, connect to the wifi.

Trying to make a wifi from your Jet, we do not have the tether feature or bridging in the kernel so this might not work correctly.

White screen there is a fix for that, the /system/lib/egl/*android.so file needs to be replaced and a few other changes.
MadRocker
Dev Team
Dev Team

Postby xxbluedevilsxx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:21 pm

redevils1001001 wrote:hi all of u ,
i have successfully ported this version of android to mine Jet
now can someone tell me how to connect to a access point via ADHOC to access internet on jet because i do not have any wifi router .
i have tried this following code to enable adhoc on Jet
Code: Select all
ctrl_interface=/data/system/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=1000
update_config=1
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=2

network={
ssid="raul_connect" // *userid
   scan_ssid=1
   key_mgmt=NONE
   wep_key0=12345  // *password
   priority=1
   mode=1
}

well this code works on my android 1.5 tablet but Jet fails :?: why :?: im a newbie plz help...

idk either why the jet cant search this adhoc network but try to use connectify of virtual access point. it works for me. :D
xxbluedevilsxx
Freshman

Postby xxbluedevilsxx » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

What do you all mean with "WHITE SCREEN" ?
On the top.. Do you have still the area for Battery Life and Clock..?..
If you do I now how to get the home screen..[/quote]

Yes, at the top i have the battery life and clock, but the rest is white. The Touchscreen response sometimes commands but not any time. By pressing the options button (diamond-button) and louder/lower button shows the options but no homescreen. Only twiddle on buttons and screen bring the home screen back, but is not stable and crashes fast. The faster method is a restart....[/quote]

this is what im talking to. even if i already used the patch. it shows when im using the wifi and when some strange things happen the white screen appears. :(
xxbluedevilsxx
Freshman

Postby Eron61 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Eron61 wrote:
Powerprobot wrote:
Bafnek wrote:
My Card is a "SanDisk" Class 2

PS: After using the Gallery i have a white Screen. If a patch availbe?

What do you all mean with "WHITE SCREEN" ?
On the top.. Do you have still the area for Battery Life and Clock..?..
If you do I now how to get the home screen..

Yes, at the top i have the battery life and clock, but the rest is white. The Touchscreen response sometimes commands but not any time. By pressing the options button (diamond-button) and louder/lower button shows the options but no homescreen. Only twiddle on buttons and screen bring the home screen back, but is not stable and crashes fast. The faster method is a restart....

Just click the Menu-Button, click on settings and click back button (normally lock button).
Then you're on the homescreen...
Eron61

Postby MetZyZteM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 am

I think he ment he is stuck in the homescreen. I have the same problem (sometimes).
MetZyZteM
Freshman

Postby megaman_k » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:26 pm

i've got a problem that i havent seen before. Has this happened to someone else?
after connecting to two different wireless networks, i have lost my "qwerty-keypad" and can't type any regular text. not in the webbrowser, messages nor in google's searchfield.

The keypad with numbers in the dial are there and works great(except that i can't make calls). :roll:

When i open the input-selection menu, by holding down on the field where i want to write.
there are no options.

Got any idéas how i can get it back?

/Karl from sweden
megaman_k
Freshman

Postby UltraFX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

i've got a problem that i havent seen before. Has this happened to someone else?
after connecting to two different wireless networks, i have lost my "qwerty-keypad" and can't type any regular text. not in the webbrowser, messages nor in google's searchfield.

The keypad with numbers in the dial are there and works great(except that i can't make calls).

When i open the input-selection menu, by holding down on the field where i want to write.
there are no options.

/Karl from sweden

I've got the same problem with the 2011-03-10 and then I installed the new 2011-03-13 and the keypad was back again...so I would say just try to install it again...
UltraFX
Freshman

Postby megaman_k » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:06 pm

UltraFX wrote:I've got the same problem with the 2011-03-10 and then I installed the new 2011-03-13 and the keypad was back again...so I would say just try to install it again...

Did it disappear for you after having more than one wifi-connection saved?
Wonder if that is a problem in the software then?

Will do a reinstall tomorrow. Was hoping for an easier solution so i wouldn't have to reinstall the programs again.
megaman_k
Freshman

Postby Dopi » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:14 am

megaman_k wrote:i've got a problem that i havent seen before. Has this happened to someone else?

The keypad with numbers in the dial are there and works great(except that i can't make calls). :roll:

there are no options.

I also see problems with the keypad in text entry fields with the current testing release. Either the keypad does not show up or the keys I type are not displayed in the text filed. It seems to me this is more or less random. The keyboard can come back if it try to open it again. Thus I strongly suspect this is still some bug in the display driver. Maybe we can try to find a better version to replace the current driver.

Cheers,
Dopi
Ad banners support the JetDroid forum. Please consider clicking them once in a while.
Dopi
Dev Team
Dev Team

PreviousNext

Return to JetPlatform (Eclair) Testing